You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sandra

I used to be a raver with neon coloured hair!

Location: Northampton or Norfolk, East Anglia the place to be

Friday, June 16th 2006, 1:12pm

I do hope so Liss :D

I was hoping for a concert in Hungary, Czech or somewhere this summer - but nothing yet :( .

If I do travel again this year I want to go to a "real" Scooter concert, rather than a festival where Scooter are one of several / many acts.
20 Years of hardcore!

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 10:01am

Translated from findance.com

It has been only 4 years from last Scooter live-album Encore (Live And Direct) and already now they are realeasing new live with the theme Excess All Areas (and actually limited edition of MTG had also lot of live in it). Gig recorded in Hamburg last march includes so much new stuff that releasing live-album feels justifiable.

Narrowminded metal listeners were shocked when guitarist of legendary Venom Jeff Mantas joined as a guitarist of new Scooter tour. It was great entertainment to read bitter posts from finnish and aboard forums. Musial tolerance of findance.com obviously haven’t spread everywhere (and never will). Anyway co-operation of Scooter and Mantas was even bigger incident than E-Type making gigs with his metalfriends.

But when they got Mantas why he plays only in two tracks? Mantas plays in Panties Wanted and in classic Scooter song Fire, which both had electricguitar in original tracks. Fire is better in this form than ever when Scooter has changed sounds a bit. But I would hope that H.P. Baxxter could take the rap-part completely when now he runs out of air. Panties Wanted isn’t so great track but electric-guitar brings new life into that track.

Scooter still have the live-energy but tracks sounds too same than in the album. I wonder that does Rick J. Jordan and Jay Frog really play something or are they just kidding around. Unlike the rest of the album The Leading Horse is better in live even though HPV still irritates. There are new sounds in the track and now it works very well. Only differences in the most of the tracks is just in intro and outro if there are changes even in those. For an example Move Your Ass! and Hyper Hyper needs somekind of reforming even though they are one of the best tracks in the album. Actually H.P. Baxxter shouts reliably like a bureucrat but is he losing real enthusiasm after these decades.

Excess All Areas is nearly without highlists which would have needed more energy, enthusiasm and most of all better tracks. Now I spend half of the record thinking that some other track would have been more important than this one. Scooter would need live-drummer and also new keyboardplayers if the only thing these two guys can do is jumping and smiling when everything is playback. I think that this record smells like underestimation of fans. I’m sure that Scooter works in live and makes the people dance but in cd you can feel lacks and disregard. Fans of course can buy Excess All Areas like ten times but I recommend Encore – Live And Direct to every one else. Encore was from whole different planet than this one.

3/10

PS. This place has given 24 Carat Gold 10/10, Encore 9/10 and MTG & WGTLLN 8/10. Even reviewer is the same
Waiting for albums from Way Out West, Sasha, Second Sun, Airwave, BT, Quivver, Pendulum, Solarstone, Röyksopp and Massive Attack

Sandra

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 10:18am

A dissappointing review - but its only his opinion.

I assume he's talking about the CD - if he had watched the DVD he would have seen that Mantas was on stage for more than 2 tracks. If he didn't watch the DVD how come those rather odd comments about Rick and Jay though? :?

I was listening to the CD in the car this morning - the only thing I would change is to replace Weekend and Nessaja (which sound the same as from WLIL) with FTM/ Manana and the Instrumental (or Am Fenster)

Like all reviews its subjective and down to personal opinions - I think its a great live album :)
20 Years of hardcore!

Dave From Sheffield

Volvo. A car you can believe in.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 10:47am

Quoted from ""Sandra""

Like all reviews its subjective and down to personal opinions - I think its a great live album :)

Yes, but does our MC A.H. believe that? :wink:
http://www.freewebs.com/scooterdave
-the only and official finnish Scooter fansite incl. the biggest Scooter-collection in Finland-

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 10:51am

No when i think that it's not great album. Sandra thinks it is and I think it's not. That's just review.
Waiting for albums from Way Out West, Sasha, Second Sun, Airwave, BT, Quivver, Pendulum, Solarstone, Röyksopp and Massive Attack

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 11:13am

'Bout Jay and Rick kidding: it looked to me as if they partly were playing for real. everytime Jay pressed a button on the sampler a new "track" appeared and since I know how to play most of their melodies and had a close look onto their fingers (as close as the camera allows) it looked authentic, so I guess they partly really played live

Anonymous

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 1:37pm

I think they hit the same keys as the melody, but they arent actually playing it. It sounds to perfect for that. Theyd rather not fuck it up and have it sound perfect than play live, its ashame really.

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 6:15pm

Oh comon, they do sound checks, so a part is live. We all know there is also al lot of play back and that is a shame. And i also like more live tunes, but it isn't all play back like some here said!
I like this life cd much more than Encore. Reason. Know you can hear the crowd. And that's what give it a special feeling for me.
Ajajajajaio SCOOTER LIVE yoho!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 9:07pm

I just watched the DVD (it finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!) and it was fantastic. In my opinion it has far much more power than Encore. It truly was a treat to watch and all the extras were fantastic. 9.5/10. if all tracks had been included, it easily would of been 10/10. Seems the crowd really wanted Hyper Hyper bad, and they played it, it was aweome. :twisted:

MC909

Professional

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 8:56am

The review is a little bit too rude with the CD..7/10 would be more real.

But about Rick & Jay : sure it's 90% playback but OMG, it's electronic music. Would you prefere Rick and Jay playing REALLY a 4-notes melody in each track ???? :roll:

Moreover, the bpm of each Scooter track is around 140 so, a single mistake will be heard easily, they can't be as sharp as a sequencer.

1- Do you really think that Scooter (or any other electronic music band) record in their studio live a track and add just some fx before making the CD? Each part of the track (Kick, bass, hihat, clap, melody, pad, fx, sample, seq1, seq2...etc) is recorded with a sequencer and worked on the computer to add some fx to each track (compression, delay, reverb..etc) before being mixed on the track you will hear on the CD.

2- Don't forget that in order to make a track, they use a sound from one synth, another sound from another synth ...etc they may use 10 differents synths to make just one track.
It's impossible to play live as they will need to change their synths after each tracks to find the sound they use on the album to make this melody or this little sequence or this fx.

They play live some parts and that's fine for me. They even change some melody for the concert (Leading horse for example).
Their tracks are always excellently made / mixed so it's a real pleasure to watch them in live (in real or via the DVD) and you should think the same.

3- Mantas did a great job during the concert :
a- Faster Harder Scooter (just after the 2nd part of HP lyrics) it's really a great addition to the song, :P
b- Fire - the intro is great as it's solo (after the 2nd part of HP lyrics if iam right). :P
c- during Hello and Panties wanted - :)

Scooter may add this kind of mix of electric guitar / synth melody on their next album...it's just my opinion but i think it works very well during the concert.

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 10:30am

Yes the playback thing ... I thougt about that long time ago how you can link all these effects on the tracks , synths and melodys to keyboards ... and if its possible and you play it live you need 20 guys on keyboard :lol: i think that just a few melody parts are played real ... they tooked it out of the finish album or sell version for concerts and instead the play this little parts live ...

The Keyboard think ... which guy or fan had not thought once .. how big .. how much stuff on stage ... 2 - 3 keyboards for each guy ... but thats the deal its there to look huge ... all in all you can´t use all the technical stuff on stage ...

Think about scooter is the only ( or one of them ) they play dance / trance music with such technical stuff but producing like all the others in the dance scene ...

so i´ve never seen acts like tiesto , brooklyn bounce , groove coverage , jan wayne or starsplash playing with keyboards they just have their turntables for djing which is nearly the only possibility to play dance music live ... all other stuff like the scooter stuff would be very unrealistic ...

but most of this acts are or have just 1 dj ... so he is playing the music and the others take the part of rappin or dancing or singing ..

what if scooter would dont do this keyboard thing and would play on turntables ... than it has to be a battle between rick and jay otherwise one guy would not have any work ....

man now í´m really into writting its hard to stop :lol:
Do you really think hardcore is death ?? hahaha think again ... Hardcore will never die !!

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 11:01am

1) You could play the tracks with same synth.
2) You could play 2 melodies and with 2 man it means you could play 4 melodies
3) No-one means that Scooter should play bassdrum, hi-hats etc.
4) So what if they make an mistake? They are humans!
5) What those DJ's are doing here? Scooter wants to be a live-act which means they should also play live
6) No-one ever said that Mantas would have been bad addition.
7) Biggest problem was that every f**king track were the same than they were in the album (at least nearly every track).

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 12:55pm

Quoted from ""MC A.H""

1) You could play the tracks with same synth.
2) You could play 2 melodies and with 2 man it means you could play 4 melodies
3) No-one means that Scooter should play bassdrum, hi-hats etc.
4) So what if they make an mistake? They are humans!
5) What those DJ's are doing here? Scooter wants to be a live-act which means they should also play live
6) No-one ever said that Mantas would have been bad addition.
7) Biggest problem was that every f**king track were the same than they were in the album (at least nearly every track).

IF tiesto performes live on stage .. he is also a live act ... live act means that the artist is on stage .... doesn´t depend on if its playback or not or if he uses keyboards or turntables ...

If 2 or 4 melodies .... other melodies or effects would be still playback so whats the difference ?

And its not a problem if on tour or on stage every track is nearly like on the album ... why change every track just because its on stage performance? Imagine it could possibly be that a new mixed album track sounds badder than the original so why risk .. why change something people or fans all ready like ... i dont get this kind of philosophy ...

I love Rammsteins " Ich will " like its made ... so if i go to see them live i want to hear the " Ich will" that i know that i like ....

The only thing what would be nice for me is to speed up some tracks and make bass and drums harder ... nearly hardstyle ... but the rest .. please leave it as it was made !

my opinion !!!!!!!!!!!
Do you really think hardcore is death ?? hahaha think again ... Hardcore will never die !!

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 1:14pm

Well that's your opinion and I can't change it...

But think those Scooter tracks in EAA. If you would play 4 melodies it is already nearly full played wouldn't it? I don't mean that they should play drums or anything like that but synths. And couple of mistakes wouldn't be bad thing. It makes actually some kind of live feeling.

Tiësto is moron. He plays shit. Okay to the point. You're probably right when you say he is also a live act. But Scooter brings synths and all to the stage and I think they should also play them.

I didn't say that they should change every track but they should change some of the tracks. 2 isn't enough. And changes don't have to be radical. No Fate from Encore is a good example. It had something new but still it sounds like No Fate. Of course there is a risk that it would change to the worst direction (Well some of the tracks can't be worse...) but then again... The Leading Horse. It was bad in the album. Now it sounds good. And it still sounds like The Leading Horse.

Bass and drums harder? Well Scooter is already very banging to be dance act... And you're audience which doesn't like changes wouldn't like it faster. And so wouldn't our dear H.P. who has problems to MC everything even now...

Thursday, June 29th 2006, 1:40pm

Quoted from ""MC A.H""

Well that's your opinion and I can't change it...

But think those Scooter tracks in EAA. If you would play 4 melodies it is already nearly full played wouldn't it? I don't mean that they should play drums or anything like that but synths. And couple of mistakes wouldn't be bad thing. It makes actually some kind of live feeling.

Tiësto is moron. He plays S##t. Okay to the point. You're probably right when you say he is also a live act. But Scooter brings synths and all to the stage and I think they should also play them.

I didn't say that they should change every track but they should change some of the tracks. 2 isn't enough. And changes don't have to be radical. No Fate from Encore is a good example. It had something new but still it sounds like No Fate. Of course there is a risk that it would change to the worst direction (Well some of the tracks can't be worse...) but then again... The Leading Horse. It was bad in the album. Now it sounds good. And it still sounds like The Leading Horse.

Bass and drums harder? Well Scooter is already very banging to be dance act... And you're audience which doesn't like changes wouldn't like it faster. And so wouldn't our dear H.P. who has problems to MC everything even now...

In some points you are right ... otherwise Tiesto is sure not moron .... but if thats your point of view ok .. i respect him ... he did a great job and most of his tracks are just orgasm ( ADAGIO FOR STRINGS )

And for me its different if you just change tempo and hardness of a track or completely add new things ... you said "And changes don't have to be radical." thats also my opinion .. so that you dont have the risk to destroy tracks but for me is make the tracks bit harder and faster ( those which are not banging f.e I´m Raving ) this kind of change but not in a radical way ... so this would be the only change which i would appreciate .. best example is hyper hyper 2004 ... not much changed ... made harder , faster ... mixed down with faster harder scooter ( from atbgo ... )

but as i said if you test it on one or two tracks or change every tour the tracks that are modified its ok .. otherwise i would see the danger that some changes would be too radical and then unfamiliar if they do it with many tracks

of course its always the same .. because we can talk about that for hours thats the point where two different tastes and wishes collides ;) you have your wishes and critics and i´ve mine =)

but its quite entertaining isn´t it ?

greetz

RaV3R

The hardest belgian raver ...

Sunday, July 23rd 2006, 6:26pm

I watched the DVD :)
And he's really nice!
==> About the concert:
-The quality (what you can see with your eyes :p) is better then encore...
- But you cannot see HP so close because they play for a bigger crowd...
- The music is very nice! i like it allot!! i'm not dissapointed!
-Bad that Nikk was not on stage for Jigga jigga...
- they mixed Apache rocks the bottom and rock bottom; and The chaser and jigga, there are both nice mixed !! :)
- Fasterharderscooter, also played with Mantas, its not so rough, but its something different :)
There cutted the tracks because the concert is also 90min like on Encore isnt?

But... HP's voice is not that good like on encore...
It's like that he need more air to breath... and he didnt scream "Yiaaaaaaahh!", but more "Aaaarghhh"...

===> The cd: they recorded it good in my opinion ;)
==> CD and DVD: the lay out are both very nice to see!
i just didnt expected such little poster :p i thought it was 50x80cm ;)

But i'm very very very happy with the DVD and CD!!
Tomorrowland was great !! 8)

Join The Belgian Page @ http://belgianscooterposse.groups.live.com

trackattacker

trackattacker

Monday, July 24th 2006, 2:04am

It would have been nice to hear "Devil Drums" from "We bring the noise", because Rick and Jay had had drums on stage...
It´s nice to be important but it´s more important to be nice!

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 3:44pm

EAA was definitely much better than Encore but there were still far too many cigarettes :P
I have got a lot of impressions but I have to see the DVD a couple of more times to be able to describe it in words :wink:

In general… I had grate fun while I was watching the live concert (btw. somebody made an excellent cutting job!)…and it was good to see all those happy faces among the fans.
I certainly will be there next time if I´m not getting too old ! :wink: :D
____________________________________________________________________________________
You know what?
I don't know either!

Sandra

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 5:29pm

Quoted from ""Andrea""

You are never too old - I was there and will be again I hope :D
20 Years of hardcore!

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 8:54pm

Quoted from ""Sandra""

Quoted from ""Andrea""

You are never too old - I was there and will be again I hope :D

I said to my grandmother (she turns 84 this august) that age was a matter of how old you feel, not how old your body is :D
disregard sleep - acquire tea