You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:01pm

A new album in 2010?

Will we get a new album in 2010?

A total of 49 Votes have been submitted.

27%

Definitely! (13)

43%

It is possible (21)

20%

I doubt it... (10)

10%

No (5)

I know I'm a little early, but... Your predictions please. :D Do you think we'll get a new album in 2010? For what I've understood the new album has done alright but hasn't been a true chart-smasher. Maybe this focuses their attention on making a new album sooner? I sure hope so, I hope they'll keep up the 1-per year like in the past (not counting the recent years). To me a year without a new album is simply too long. :P

Edit: One reason I'm speculating this is the line in their season greetings, "Enjoy the break and look forward to plenty of action in 2010, not least the 'Under The Radar Over The Top Tour'." (The way I understand that is that there's going to more happening than just the tour in 2010.)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "acid_bomb" (Dec 21st 2009, 9:10pm)

Cold_Shadow

MODO! The Heart Of Hockey

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:16pm

Its tooo early to speculate in this matter... Did you create this topic just to keep this forum alive?? Personally I think they will not produce a new album in 2010...

May's-Expedition

Unregistered

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:37pm

I'm anticipating the announcement of a new live album recorded during the UTROTT tour, but it's monstrously unlikely that a new studio album is on the horizon. I won't be attending any of the concerts so I'll be more than happy with with a CD or DVD release containing plenty of footage and extra features. I believe a new title would also follow the traditional pattern of compiling a live album every four or so years since the release of Excess All Areas and its predecessor, Encore. Based on this tradition, I predict a new live album is within the realm of possibilities. Who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised by something totally unexpected. :P

The Great Duck

Unregistered

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:37pm

I've got used to Scooter's pace of releasing new material, so I say we're going to get something new in the summer 8)

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:42pm

I hope you're right...

I haven't voted yet but I think it's possible, but not an absolute certainty... Since the tour is over in March...

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:45pm

I voted for posible,but i would like to have live CD and DVD from the UTROTT tour. But they should start the work in 2010 and this time they should take more time for production and release it in 2011. I wouldn't mind if they will release it in 2012 as long as it's a masterpiece album:P
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:53pm

Quoted

I'm anticipating the announcement of a new live album recorded during the UTROTT tour, but it's monstrously unlikely that a new studio album is on the horizon. I won't be attending any of the concerts so I'll be more than happy with with a CD or DVD release containing plenty of footage and extra features. I believe a new title would also follow the traditional pattern of compiling a live album every four or so years since the release of Excess All Areas and its predecessor, Encore. Based on this tradition, I predict a new live album is within the realm of possibilities. Who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised by something totally unexpected. :P
Same here. I'm also not attending any concerts, so a live CD/DVD would definitely be great. My guess is that the new record comes out early 2011. Just like it has been after Encore, which was released in summer 2002 and then TSTE came out in february 2003. But maybe they want to release new stuff faster and we'll get something new already at the end of 2010. Everything's possible.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Love's the funeral of hearts
and an ode for cruelty,
when angels cry blood
on flowers of evil in bloom

kriszti <3 scooter

Video Game Addict

Monday, December 21st 2009, 10:04pm

Wait 'til 2011 is way too long.
And UTROTT wasn't too successful, I think they'll do it like JAOTW.
They are always going to make something fresh and successful.
What about the singles? They won't leave a year without singles and I think from UTROTT only 1 single is possible.
I think they'll make a new album...maybe at summer. :|
So I voted for "Definitely".
FASTER!!! HARDER!!! SCOOTER!!!

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Monday, December 21st 2009, 10:46pm

I voted for "I doubt it", because I think there is too little time to produce an album in a year where the tour takes place.
Now they are busy preparing the tour, so they have not much time to write new tracks, and after the tour it would be a rushed album if we would get a new one in 2010. Ofcourse they might have produced some extra tracks that are already archived in their studio. But still I doubt we get a new Studio album in 2010.
A live album would be more likely to be released, or maybe even a live album with an entirley new, seperate single, like Nessaja on Encore ;)
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

Ninja Stewart

Spit Fire Every Line

Monday, December 21st 2009, 11:13pm

I doubt it, but a gent can dream! I would rather get a live album and DVD, considering it looks unlikely I'll be going to any of the tour dates. I want to, but financially it's not looking likely. But you never know. 8)

Anyway, a studio album is unlikely and I'd rather they worked on the album for as long as they worked on UTROTT, maybe the general public didn't like it but I LOVE it, and I'll happily have another album of the same quality.
:!: THE CROWN IS ALREADY MINE :!:

Traxx

- brain not found -

Monday, December 21st 2009, 11:26pm

They will for sure release a 4th single from UTROTT before the tour, and I believe there's gonna be a live DVD, and maybe CD too, from the tour.

MAYBE they will make a new single during the summer, and you know - after 2007, a new album is possible, but because of the tour and other live gigs, I think a new album before the end of 2010 isn't possible, even for them, without being made of alot of ripped/sampled/covered stuff.
- Bring the noise! -

Monday, December 21st 2009, 11:26pm

I don't think the remaining year after the tour would be too short a time. Nine months! They have made albums in less than that. Let's not forget Our Happy Hardcore and Wicked! which were both 1996, both excellent. :thumbup: I will keep hoping...

Traxx

- brain not found -

Monday, December 21st 2009, 11:31pm

Well, yeah, but then they had alot more ideas and creativity, as they were in the start of their carreer.
I know it's possible, but as they work today... it's gonna be maybe even more ripped and sampled than JAOTW was.

Let's see...
- Bring the noise! -

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Monday, December 21st 2009, 11:39pm

It's a fact Scooter have made albums in less than 9 months in the past, but as Traxx said, they were in the beginning of they career, and as we all know bands most of the time are the most creative in the beginning of their career, and the ideas come quicker than when they are already for more than a decade in the business. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind a new album in the end of 2010, as long as it's not rushed, but the risk is that it would be rushed if they would make one in 2010. But with Scooter we never know, they always know how to surprise us, so maybe also this year again. ;)
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

Traxx

- brain not found -

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 12:11am

Mind 2008.
They had a big tour, open air gigs, festival gigs and lots of live performances spread all over the year.
The only new material was JTR (WYW), if you don't count the new version of LUTS. And because of the lack of time, they wouldn't have been able to make a new album then.

If 2010 is getting as busy as 2008, they won't get the time to make a good album, without alot of ripping.
Maybe a new single or 2 during the summer/autumn, but I doubt there will be more, atm.
- Bring the noise! -

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 12:43am

There are many possibilities:
-at first Scooter are touring and they will perhaps release a new single before the tour; if this single is successful and gives another push to the album sales, Scooter will probably stay a bit longer with UTROTT (new limited edition and so on)
-if they don't release another single or if the unsuccessful period keeps going on, they will tour and:
1. finish the fourth chapter with some kind of best of/DVD/live CD
2. finish completely (I hope not and that would be stupid)
3. produce another fourth chapter album soon after the tour

Personally I think that they should take more time with producing another studio album to be more creative (a few self-written refrains and melodies and more diversity in general would be good) and to make the tracks on it as good as possible. If you want to produce an album almost full of single-like hittracks without extensive ripping and with more varitey in refrains, constructions, styles, effects you need more time than 1/2-1 year. Take a look at rock bands like Rammstein - their albums are often full of very good tracks, but they need much time to produce them

kelvo

I Reach My Fate At The Gates, God Says Shotta You Was Great

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 12:45am

i recon we will gat the live cd and dvd
and possibly the 4th chapter album like in the past, a sinles collection wit b side and remix
maybe a new album
and the big suprise could be the 5th chapter
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 1:00am

Yes, another best-of like "Push the beat..." with some bonustracks would be fine! (we had so many live cds/dvds since 2002) It could also be a seller in countries where Scooter were not that successful within the fourth chapter.

transcore

Australian Scooter Ambassador.

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 1:38am

I voted for "I doubt it".

I think this is what will happen. We MAY get a DVD from the UTROTT tour.
We also might get another singles compilation to mark the new decade.

But I think a studio album is unlikely.

"It's the music we love it's the ultimate sound!"

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 1:46am

i hope they release a live album (cd + dvd) from the utrott tour and it would be awesome if they released a track from it like where the beats live :) that would be cool