You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 6th 2010, 11:29pm

What's hottest on the UK floors at the moment?
Probably cheesy r & b and hip hop rubbish. Over here the radios choose which songs they want to be successful overplay them like hell, the british public fall for it every time and buy the rubbish. Anything by Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber basically goes to number one every time. Along with anything buy the awful beloved 'JLS' . Someone I do quite like who seems to be doing well everywhere is David Guetta :) any track he is involved with seems to go to number one also; but thats ok becuase most of them are allright. Dance music is popular here but most of it doesn't chart. Hope that helps ;)

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ® ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Friday, August 6th 2010, 11:40pm

I´m sure it would sound still good and still like Scooter.

It's impossible I think. Scooter is energy, crazy rythms and fantastic H.P. shouts! And how do you imagine that with house? :) Remember P.U.C.K. - where could H.P. "sing" there? :D

Well, on house HP could SING for example...shouting wouldn't fit, but a little singing would....although I have to admit it would be slightly akward ;)

Dancehall sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind it, even if I have to say I can't yet imagine it..

Well, it was just a thought, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get some ;) This is for example also a sort of dancehall track, more dance orientated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sazSfsjBk5A
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

Traxx

- brain not found -

Friday, August 6th 2010, 11:52pm

jason derolo recently released his new album, but about 5 singles were already released before it?, what is the point in that!
It's just stupid...
Talking about single releases by such artists, I also consider it a waste to release singles only containing the album version of the song, + 1 other track. 2 tracks, where the main track isn't even worked on?? :rolleyes:
" Brilliant! ...I have absolutely no idea what's going on... "

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:03am

Cheers scootermusicuk, that explains the situation well. Well, at least we can be sure they won't be going hip hop or rnb... I hope... :D

Nice track Scooterworld. If they had that sort of track, I wonder what kind of vocals it would have -- if any. Maybe this album will have more instrumentals? Or at least different sort of lyrics, usually their slower tracks have more meaningful lyrics, and the crazy chanting works better with faster tracks. This waiting is horrible! Hopefully they'll have a single out this year so we might know some more about the direction of the album.

kelvo

One Love, Two Mouths, One Love, One House

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:22am

we aint likely gonna know what scooter is gonna be involved in untill autunm,
but scooter can do house,
fire was house rock,
im raving was a house beat
although i cant see the album going dowm well if it was house based, but it is a chance seems mike is deaply involved in house and rnb

i do think we can expect some kind of collabration on the new album, all of the 4th chapter has had famouse well known acts working with scooter and i think we will get some kind of collabration,

i do kinda think scooter will again follow a trend, so whatever is popular in germany, NL right now scooter will do it, but due to the not so successful UTROTT scooter may avoid high levels of samples and a trend this time, the interview did mention a completly new style for scooter and a new music style takes a while to get used too, so it will be something scooter havnt done so far, or they have, but not so much of it,scooter have used house before and quite a lot of it, so i dont think scooter are gonna do house, but we will see.

i think we should here some news at the earliest in september, maybe even a little taste of a sample, hp did mention how the studeo is on fire with work, so i do think a single is due around september/october, and i think the new album will be released by the end of the year

i also think this new album will have nothing to do with the stadium tour next year, but i can see it promoting the tour

and i hope scooter slow the single releases down and tie them well with proper promo
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Scooterworld

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:33am

the interview did mention a completly new style for scooter and a new music style takes a while to get used too, so it will be something scooter havnt done so far, or they have, but not so much of it,scooter have used house before and quite a lot of it,

That "Get used to" part of the interview made me really curious. Is the style so different for Scooter, that they have a hard time to adapt to it ? In that case why did they choose 'that' style I ask myself ? Probably because they like that style, but is it so different to what they previously made and that's why they have to "get used to it" ? But what style could it be in that case, very hard to guess. Could be house like some say, could be dancehall like I think, or it could even be something totally different.... I'm getting more and more curious :D
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 3:09am

why all the complaining? behind the cow and burn the house were house influenced and it were good tracks!

Hmmm, where did you heard House in Behind The Cow and Burn The House? :-O Behind The Cow was a pure Scooter style with a bit slower beat (maybe that's why you consider it as a House influenced?) and Burn The House was a Scooterish Breakbeat. The House influences was for example in UFO Phenomena (love this track btw), P.U.C.K., Shake That! and some other tunes. Well, Shake That! actually was a Disco House track. But other tracks only had some influences of House, they wasn't completely House. The recent club mixes on the singles was pure Electro House. And to be honest, I really don't like them. Not because they are badly produced or something (they are completely OK in a technical way), but because House is just NOT a Scooter style. Well, the only House style that maybe can fit to Scooter is Hard House. But even with this style I'm not completely sure...

+1

couldnt have said it better..

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:13pm

I can imagine one thing: an album with more tracks like "TSAMH" and "I'm raving" - that means: a mixture of trance/house and HP singing withthe autotune effect. Listen to Discoboys' "For you" and think of a similar track with more melodies/effects and HP singing the chorus in autotune mode.
Another thing that I can imagine: typical tracks with "groovy" (electro) house-like beats - a bit like "The sh... that killed Elvis" or "Does the fish have chips?"
But experiments with house can fail in a bad way - listen to BB "Bass, Beats and Melody 2009" - the new house sound made it lose its whole power.

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:34pm

the way the melody is played in behind the cox, so how it come from background and the way they put the kicks on it was typical for commercial housetracks in belgium around 2006...

even scarborough affair used some benny benassi influences. ofcourse not the real house but it's house influenced.

B.O.B. was house influenced too just like te quiero
scooter,come back to belgium!!!

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:39pm

That "Get used to" part of the interview made me really curious. Is the style so different for Scooter, that they have a hard time to adapt to it ? In that case why did they choose 'that' style I ask myself ? Probably because they like that style, but is it so different to what they previously made and that's why they have to "get used to it" ? But what style could it be in that case, very hard to guess. Could be house like some say, could be dancehall like I think, or it could even be something totally different.... I'm getting more and more curious :D

It's curious indeed, and nice for us fans, I think. I think it's because they've simply gotten interested in the style and want to try it too, and it likely offers new challenges and such things. The reason (as said a few times) I think it's not house is that they already know how to make it, and Mike has done it for years and years. Maybe they've finally discovered big beat? :D Or maybe not. One very (distant?) possibility is that they've discovered some form of EBM (like I suggested they should!) -- that'd be cool.

I agree with kelvo that this album might not, especially if it's something slower, have much to do with Inferno, but as said, it might promote the tour with some sticker or flyer. I too start to think an autumn or a winter single is possible, they may want to try the crowd reaction as soon as possible. It wouldn't be out of question the album was released before the year is due, when they get into studio-mode they can work fast. Luckily it's autumn so shortly, I think we'll get some news, the very least, then.

Cassandra

Unregistered

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 11:28pm

EBM, h'ell yeah!!! :thumbup: But won't happen for sure.

And please God be so nice and save us from seeing the day when Scooter is making dancehall... 8| :thumbdown:

aganim

tremble with terror

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 11:55pm

please no jumping/shuffling/"tecktoniking" stuff...

kelvo

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:03am

jumping and suffling is a no go now for scooter, hp said so,
i still think it wont be house

and s scooterworld said about new style, if scooter are working on a new trend style the new album will be trend based again, which means repatative sound again,
i really think scooter should leave this trend following thing for a while, i agree it would be good to have a trend based track or two, but not a whole album
looking ant the last albums chart success, which was proberly scooters worst since the sheffield times, scooter need to concertate on what they are best at and try and regain scome more chart success around the world again, the whole 4th chapter has had a lack of releases or chart possitios in other countrys and needs to get back, even if it is a low entry,

but as said it looks like scooter are working on a new style of some kind, trend or not, it will be different, but i hope in a good way,
to me the whole jump/hardstyle didnt fit scooter that well, sounded kinda out of place and lost a lot of the scooter sound, as well as fans and fame, but at the same time it gained on fame and fans

i guess we will have to wait and see
scooter are an old band now, i suppose it is hard to chart well everywhere with all the latest acts that todays generation like
unless scooter create a supertune like ramp, i guess scooter will stick to there native germany, a little like the second chapter when scooter kept very euro based

Blazkowicz

Unregistered

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:03am

You know what would be cool? A track in dutch house style like Afrojack do. This would be crazy. :D

kelvo

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:08am

what is all this house talk suddenly anyway, scooter are far too energetic to go slow, and when they do it still is to energatic,
scooter are too well known for the fast stuff to go slow, it would kinda de rep them, as it is not what is expected of them

but saying that scooter have a high rep for there experimental music too, but i would only advise a few tracks on the album, not a whole comersal trend follower,
trend following is making scooter look like copy cats to blend in, and the high levels of samples in those styles isnt helping them
scooter need to back to 2nd/3rd chapter trance to stay up i think

but we will see, scooter somehow have a nak of creating a scooterstyle out of existing styles

Scooterworld

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 10:24am

scooter somehow have a nak of creating a scooterstyle out of existing styles

That for sure, so we atleast can be sure that no matter what style the next album will be, it will still sound like Scooter ;)

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 12:58pm

That's correct indeed. ;)

I hope that whatever style they choose, trend or not, that not every track is in that style. Some more variation in the styles is preferable, they should try genres they haven't tried before. But then again, they might be seeking a sort of album unity.

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:00pm

Scooter were more successful if they created trends/made styles popular or if they made their own style of techno/dance/trance. Look at "Posse", "Ramp" and "Nessaja" - in 2001-2003 Scooter were the first dance artists who brought old hpv- and happy hardcore-sounds back and combined it with modern techno bass/beats. This was very successful in the whole world and acts like Mark'Oh or Starsplash followed that trend.
In 2007/2008 Scooter made their jumpstyle sound very popular in the UK and in Germany.
Maria and One were typical Scooter bombs that didn't belong to any trend - and they were very successful and the "dub dub"-chorus-style was taken over by a lot of artists (Micky Krause, Manian "Ravers in the UK", Starsplash "Can U kick it",...)
But whenever Scooter followed to a trend that had already been established, they weren't that successful. "Behind the Cow" or "lass uns tanzen" didn't reach Top10 in spite of their house influences. "Shake that!" achieved #8, but didn't last as long in the charts as "One" did.

Scooterworld

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 3:51pm

That's indeed the case Mr. Hyper ;) .... so in a way they shouldn't follow trends, or when following them, the trend shouldn't be established already in the "world". So it should be a so called "underground" trend maybe, in that case it will work for them to take part in the building of that trend ;)

But ofcourse due to Jumpstyle and Shuffle music it's normal that we are all guessing what new dance we might get....but who knows, maybe this time there won't be any new dance anymore ;)

As mentionned in this topic possible dances / trends could be: Tecktonic, Dancehall, House or even some Dubstep..... but most of that trends already exist for quite a while in certain country's, so if Scooter would "use" them, it would not be fresh anymore, and therefor difficult to make succesfull......hard to tell really what they will do, and what they should do in order to make it work in their favour.

Alucard

Unregistered

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 4:46pm

Where's the interview where they talk about a new style? Sounds interesting. Probably Industrial Metal. Featuring Rammstein. :D