You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

The-Flying-Dutchman

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 3:14pm

Why "Sheffield" ?

Hello there,

as many of you know many hidden messages are in the lyrics of scooter but there is one kind of hidden message (at least in my opinion) that makes me very curios:

Scooter is using the name of the british town "Sheffield" in various kinds:

Sheffield (Album name)
Sheffield Underground Studios (their studio name)
Dave From Sheffield (one of his many pseudonames)
Sheffield is gonna rock you once again (Lyrics of IYP)

Any ideas?
thy for answers

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The-Flying-Dutchman" (Nov 28th 2010, 3:31pm)

gerry k

MAKE SOME NOISE!

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 3:22pm

this is just a guess, i heard hp has an uncle who lives in uk,maybe he lives in sheffield,and thats where hp got the idea from,

ROCHEN

caffeine addict

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 3:37pm

hp sagte einmal er hätte das album sheffield genannt da es seinerzeit eine techno-metropole in uk gewesen ist ;)
#yesThisIsDawg

Blazkowicz

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 4:52pm

In a interview at a club rotation show in 1999, he was asked where his nickname Dave from Sheffield came from. He answered, that he had a dream in the past where he was called Dave and lived in Sheffield. The name Dave came from the Depeche Mode singer Dave Gahan by the way.

The KLF

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 5:15pm

Scotland, pipes, Scottish accent and Sheffield are cool

May<3

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 5:29pm

Scotland?

Sheffield is in England.

The-Flying-Dutchman

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 6:05pm

i know another story about Dave. In an interview from 2008 he said that during the vacation on ibiza or italy he did meat a huge und big guy an the guy introduced itself with a very dark voice to H.P.: "I AM DAVE, DAVE FROM SHEFFIELD"

May<3

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 6:24pm

I honestly just get the impression that H.P. makes these stories up as he goes as long. His answers to certain questions intended to uncover the background of song titles and the indeterminate number of nicknames he uses always seem to be different with each and every separate interview. There's never a definitive answer to those types of questions, evidenced with members referencing interviews that seem to clearly contradict one another.

My guess is by having no real interesting thing to say what inspired them to use a particular nickname or song title that many of us find strange, they agree to just invent them and go with whatever sounds the most credible. But they forgot to write a script! H.P. comes across as a little indecisive.

Saying that, it could be a deliberate scheme to keep Scooter mysterious and unique. They don't keep in contact with fans and they largely operate behind the curtain. Perhaps this only keeps that sense of mystery spinning.

ROCHEN

caffeine addict

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 6:39pm

signed ;)
#yesThisIsDawg

The-Flying-Dutchman

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 7:07pm

do you really think scooter is working behind the scenes with not much connections to the fans? Are other bands more in contact with their fans?

May<3

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 7:27pm

Most definitely!

I find social networking sites like twitter act as the best means of judgement in determining whether not an artist is close and in touch with their fan base. Most artists nowadays use it to keep those following their account updated with what's happening on tour or how their record or single is progressing etc. And in some cases they'll even reply to fans' tweets-- which is obviously quite exciting for those on the receiving end. Lights is the greatest example for me, as she pretty much makes her replies to fans a daily thing. She literally seems to go out of her way to speak to her fans quite regularly. This also extends to outside the internet where she hosts meet and greets after concerts. Yeah, she's pretty terrific in that sense. And her forum is literally full of members print-screening her tweets directed at them in their signatures. And Adam too, Owl City, occasionally does the same thing for his followers.

Scooter, on the other hand, have abandoned their twitter account and NEVER speak to their fan base. They couldn't be further alienated and out of touch with what the fans want as far as I'm concerned. it's one of the many things that bugs me about them to be honest. It's their secretive nature and quite frankly poorly updated site that often keeps fan out of the loop and in the dark on the majority of happenings. Some may say they find this secrecy preferable, as it leaves open the element of surprise. I personally find it just alienates fans and doesn't really do much in terms of creating a cohesive relationship between the listeners and the group themselves.

Scooterjeka

Professional

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 8:04pm

i know another story about Dave. In an interview from 2008 he said that during the vacation on ibiza or italy he did meat a huge und big guy an the guy introduced itself with a very dark voice to H.P.: "I AM DAVE, DAVE FROM SHEFFIELD"

Yeah, I too read about it somewhere
Riding with me is my friend R.J.Jordan,
Knowing the rules aint part of his program,
Finding the right tune that fits the track,
Might be pretty hard cuz he's f_cked on crack!

Start the match and find the station
Reach what you can and party the nation,
A? Hey! Whatcha gonna say?
I automate the sequence and speed for my getaway
Take it to the edge, there's nowhere to hide,
And call up the crew; let's go for a joyride!

Let's go for a joyride!

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 10:02pm

Yeah, it could be that HP makes up some of those answers as he goes. :D He wouldn't be the only artist doing that. Since those questions aren't very serious, the answers don't have to be that serious either. And probably there is some kind of story behind most things, but it's not known to us. But not sure whether they do it to keep a mysterious aura about them or just for fun.

Whereas I see the guys a bit stuck in the stone age in regard to communication with the fans, I wouldn't say that they're that much of an exception. The field is divided. There are the artist who tweet and post often, replying to the fans' questions, etc., and there are those who only announce things once in a while on their webpage. Too bad, since I'd be happy to read a stream of updates from their studio... As well, it might improve things if they were closer to the fan base. Not to mention dropping hints about the up-coming album would make people anticipate it more...

kriszti @ scooter

Video Game Addict

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 10:13pm

Some of you guys should interview them about this communication thing, or someone who's in a better relationship with them could ask them via Facebook. I would like to hear more from them, I had enough of this always waiting thing.
FASTER!!! HARDER!!! SCOOTER!!!

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ® ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 10:16pm

it could be a deliberate scheme to keep Scooter mysterious and unique. They don't keep in contact with fans and they largely operate behind the curtain. Perhaps this only keeps that sense of mystery spinning.

Sound plausible ;) And keeps the Scooter phenomena interesting and a bit mysterious ;) I also often thought about this.
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

May<3

Unregistered

Sunday, November 28th 2010, 11:53pm

Quoted

The field is divided. There are the artist who tweet and post often, replying to the fans' questions, etc., and there are those who only announce things once in a while on their webpage.
Would it be fair to say that it's partially divided between the new artists that are familiar with the technology and the old artists that have yet to become accustomed with the times? The internet is still fairly new in terms of its opportunity for business and communication, but most of the musicians I follow all have a fairly good grasp at keeping in touch with fans via the internet. Maybe Lights and Owl City were fairly sketchy examples, as they are fairly young and their fame was generated through MySpace, Youtube etc. Scooter came about YEARS before these mediums were available... Still, I think we can both agree that it wouldn't take them long to learn a few things in order to be closer to us.

It's time Scooter stopped getting their web administrators or whatever to update their webpage/Facebook, and instead make it more personal with them upping their relationship with their fan base and actually creating a real relationship whereby we actually feel like we are appreciated and have a say in what direction Scooter take with their music. And it's not as if there aren't any other artists out there whose fame came before the internet metamorphosed into what it is today, is it? YET they still manage to familiarize themselves with everything.

That was a GRRRRRRRRRR... rant.

Quoted

As well, it might improve things if they were closer to the fan base. Not to mention dropping hints about the up-coming album would make people anticipate it more...
In total agreement. I think we discussed this a little in your new album thread?

Quoted

Some of you guys should interview them about this communication thing, or someone who's in a better relationship with them could ask them via Facebook. I would like to hear more from them, I had enough of this always waiting thing.
Yeah, that would be most helpful. Someone needs to ask them in person about why they tend to keep their distance from us. You know, as if all of us have smallpox or something....

Quoted

Sound plausible ;) And keeps the Scooter phenomena interesting and a bit mysterious ;) I also often thought about this.
Can't say I'm a fan though... :( I want them to be more open with us.

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Monday, November 29th 2010, 12:31am

i think the whole sheffield thing is connected to there label sheffiels, which is why the first album that had a sheffield tune label was sheffield,
but again it is a mystery to why they decided to call there label, album and nick names sheffield

the only other think i can think of is hp,s love for england
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ® ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Monday, November 29th 2010, 12:33am

Some facts concerning Scooter will forever remain an unsolved mystery....and the different answers on similar questions, increase the mystery factor of it all. I would say that the most plausible reason for the name Sheffield is:

Quoted

" Sheffield has been the home of several well-known bands and musicians, with an unusually large number of synth pop and other electronic outfits originating from the city.[132] These include The Human League, Heaven 17, ABC, and the more industrially inclined Cabaret Voltaire. This electronic tradition has continued: techno label Warp Records was a central pillar of the Yorkshire Bleeps and Bass scene of the early 1990s, and has gone on to become one of Britain's oldest and best-loved dance music labels. More recently, other popular genres of electronic music such as bassline house have originated in the city.[133] Sheffield is home to a number of high-profile nightclubs—Gatecrasher One was one of the most popular nightclubs in the north of England until its destruction by fire on 18 June 2007 "

Edited ;)
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Scooterworld" (Nov 29th 2010, 12:39am)

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Monday, November 29th 2010, 12:35am

seem the most likely awnser there
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

May<3

Unregistered

Monday, November 29th 2010, 12:52am

If only he'd just say that instead of deliberately confusing us by concocting all these bogus stories. He just wants to be a man of mystery, doesn't he?