You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sandra

I used to be a raver with neon coloured hair!

• "Sandra" started this thread

Location: Northampton or Norfolk, East Anglia the place to be

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 12:21am

EDIT - I decided to creat this topic and move the fanrank discussion here as it it detracting from the Scooter Official Facebook topic.
Because of the way the forum sorts posts by time, the original first post here is now on page 2!

Facebook has been a pain in the ass the last couple of days, but now hopefully without the spammers will get back to normalnow :), very hard to see if Scooter Official or anyone else posted anything amongst all the cr.ap today :)
20 Years of hardcore!

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 2:12pm

I'm also really fed up with this Fanrank contest, so many spam messages... I already blocked this application, I won't win but I don't care, it's not the most important for me...

Sandra

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 6:36pm

I'm also really fed up with this Fanrank contest, so many spam messages... I already blocked this application, I won't win but I don't care, it's not the most important for me...

I would imagine that when this contest was started it wasn't intended that people posted / tweeted a band members name every few seconds I have deleted those who were spamming on Facebook though, so at least I can see real updates from friends
20 Years of hardcore!

Sandra

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 6:47pm

I would imagine that when this contest was started it wasn't intended that people posted / tweeted a band members name every few seconds I have deleted those who were spamming on Facebook though, so at least I can see real updates from friends

This fanrank thing really needs someone to monitor whats written and gets someone points - there are personal insults on there that would be deleted from here immediately - anyone who posts either bad things or insults should be kicked out and not allowed to join again - no matter how annoying it is to a lot of us at least can someone please make sure that someone who is rude and insulter can and get points! X( X( X(
20 Years of hardcore!

Scar

Moscow Posse!

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 7:42pm

First I tried to post there, but then I saw how much spam some other people send out to be a #1 and win a ticket, that I've stopped posting. Because I think it may be a problem to the people that are reading my Facebook.
ScooterPlanet.ru

Wickedpedia - many interesting facts about Scooter and their career. It's a project of scooterplanet.ru. Only Russian version available.

Scooter Planet @ Facebook

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Scar" (May 24th 2011, 9:35pm)

Sandra

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 9:19pm

I have been thinking about this fanrank - and although I would never do something like it because I use facebook for more than talking to other Scooter fans, I can't totally be aganst it because it will give someone the chance to meet the band, but I have to say as a fan and supporter for many years I did feel a bit put out that the definition of the biggest fan is as simple as someone who can post and tweet a few key works every few minutes; it has also been a bit of a pain on facebook, but a few deletions sorted that out, but I know a couple of what I would call real fans, who I have had as facebook friends for a long time and they very often do exactly what the fanrank thing says "update your Facebook statuses with stuff about us and spread the SCOOTER word far and wide, post about us to your FB-friends especially to those who are not yet following our Facebook-Page." - they post good stuff about Scooter all the time, links, pics, news etc, but because they are fans not just for a couple of weeks for this - I would be so happy if one of these ladies won the chance to meet the guys in Hamburg, unfortunately one of them can no longer post on fanrank for some reason - she is very unhappy and doesn't understand why.
I also know that this competition this has really irritated quite a few of us though in different ways, but the thing that really really really irritates me more than I can say (and i know I have said it before) that you can say what you likeabout the band, good or bad; insult band members and get points. It would be good if this actually is actually won by someone who does what it says (preferably someone who has been spreading the word and discusing Scooter in a positive way before this - and there are a lot of people who do this) but if it is won by posting cr.ap and insults then I dispair - the result will be quite a few unhappy fans, an undeserving winner and a trail of Scooter related cra.p left around the www.
I know a lot of people who are entering, and I know how much this will mean to someone, but I do hope someone is keeping a watch on what is posted and can ban anyone posting inappropriatley, and I hope there is not a problem that stops someone from joining in without explaination or reason
20 Years of hardcore!

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 9:58pm

I created a page in order to stop this : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scooter-pl…176108859109066

look for example what it is possible to find on the web about this contest :

EDIT- link deleted as requested Sandra

So many useless comments..........................
I don't know who is this person...

Sandra

Tuesday, May 24th 2011, 11:38pm

That's interesting pj, but while this guy posted rubbish at least it's not insults, I also think you can post, delete your post and keep the points, because I did post quite a few times on Facebook when this started before I had a reality check and deleted my comments, but the
points remained
20 Years of hardcore!

kelvo

One Love, Two Mouths, One Love, One House

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 11:44am

what is all this fanrank stuff all about
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

dar-cee

Scooterite

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 1:31pm

ditto

it means nothing to me!
------------------------
www.dar-cee.co.uk

Sandra

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 2:11pm

ditto

it means nothing to me!

you're lucky! ;)
20 Years of hardcore!

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 2:56pm

Yes, the best is to never be aware of this ;)

The Ejaculator

Fat Bastard

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 3:08pm

Agreed. Not worth the hassle or grief.
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.

ScooterPosseLeipzig

Army Of Hardcore

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 3:11pm

This fanrank is rubbish, I'm not in it ;) But I'm a fanatic at all :P
exclusive news from the fanbase: ON TWITTER

Ricky, thanks for 20 years of hardcore! You're the best!

gerry k

MAKE SOME NOISE!

Friday, May 27th 2011, 1:12pm

hi guys ive noticed that alot of you's are unhappy with the scooter contest on fanrank because alot of its just repeating phrases with key words in it,but it seems to be the only way to win,and i really want 2 win,its been a dream of mine for years to meet scooter and this is the only chance i will get in my life time.i dont think anything i wrote is offensive to scooter or other fans because i respect scooter and their fans but if i did am sorry.i know some of you feel strong about getting the contest stop but please dont its not fair to stop the competiton now.i think it would be great if scooter organised a meet&greet for all fans :) this would save alot of hassel

Sandra

Friday, May 27th 2011, 1:52pm

I wish you luck Gerry, I know how much this chance means to a lit of people :)
Personally this competition has made me look again at what matters to the band and how much fans matter to the extent I am beginning to question if I belong here any longer, if this is the judge of a fan then I am not and never will be :(
I know that to meet the band is a dream for a lot of people, and I hope someone wins who has not had the chance before to meet the guys
I don't think you have ever written anything offensive Gerry, and I still have a hope that someone is actually watching what is being written and will kick out those who have written insults to the band or other fans.
20 Years of hardcore!

Friday, May 27th 2011, 9:29pm

You might be taking it a bit too strongly, Sandra. I don't like this fanrank stuff myself -- don't even use facebook so I don't know anything at all what's going on -- but I don't think the guys have thought about it "enough". By that I mean that they or their marketing people probably just saw the app and thought they could use it. They're probably not paying much attention to it (ie, nobody's removing the negative stuff), and I don't think they value the fanrank fans more than the others -- most importantly, I don't think Scooter have paid any attention to the idea that someone could think that they (Scooter) might indirectly mean one thing or another with this. So, I don't think they think this defines what a fan should be / do etc... ;)

Sandra

Friday, May 27th 2011, 10:06pm

It bothers me on a number of fronts, apart from "the No 1" fan thing; a lot of people really really want to win this, and as a result are posting the selected words endlessly, one fan wrotee of being ashamed to be doing it, another fan I know quite well (not a forum member) who is a huge fan and is always saying good things about Scooter saw it as a sort of chance to make her dream come true, in meeting the guys - she was doing well, then she was blocked from posting and doesn't know why, she is very upset - dream is slipping away and she doesnt know whyThis competition is about making a dream come true to a lot of people, a chance they would never normally have, which is great, but it is making them behave in a way they would not normally do or dont feel comfortable with. Posting cra.p like "rick j jordon is very fat" earns points on this :( - that really can't be good.
I just hope as a result someone actually gets that dream come true, and then maybe it will be worth it, but as a friend of some of those involved on Facebook I have seen some of the not so good sides of it, let alone the way it makes me feel.....
EDIT - just been looking at some of the latest tweets by the "no 1 fan"...... I sincerley hope the band knows what this guy is post posting about them and other loyal fans before they meet him if his posts are not disqualified.......I got a list so there is no doubt...... (a quick example ...... "xxxxxxxx obviously has an attitude problem. fu ck her, she can lick my ar se the ugly bi tch. My kids are a million times what she is") - nice guy huh?
..... and his view on fans ...."So, just how do you rank a Scooter fan? no of gigs? tattoos? how stoopid u can make yourself look at gigs? Arrogance & contempt? its all BS". "Scooter Dog has a Twitter account! "
"Loving my mantle as Facebook's most hated Scooter fan" - well deserved after the comments about Scooter and other fans
20 Years of hardcore!

The Ejaculator

Fat Bastard

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 2:18am

OK, all getting a bit out of control this fanrank lark. If you think of Jonathan Ross pronouncing it, that's a good description. Sandra, you're also getting yourself too wound up over all of this. There is no such thing as a number one fan, that is all a load of bol.locks and if anyone for a minute believes any of that then they need their head examining. I've made posts which I now look back on and regret, that's the problem with things like this, especially when Twitter is involved as you say what's in your mind at that precise moment in time and then it's there, bang, for the whole interweb to see. I have a very strange and often stupid and childish sense of humour and many of the less appreciated remarks which some people have taken to heart have been taken at face value and not that the person writing them is just being stupid as that is what is in their head at that particular time, making themselves laugh because they have spent far too long drinking beer and are then let loose on a laptop. I swear, if I had a for every time I've woken up and wanted to patent the idea of having an inbuilt breathalyzer on my PC I would be a seriously rich man.
Look again at some of the timings on some of the comments you mention also. Such as the one about Scooter fans. This is not aimed at all fans, but at people that at that given time had been slating and slagging off another fan without giving them the pedestal or opportunity to defend themselves. A number of fans get an idea in their head and go off on one without listening to both sides of the story or be willing to at least listen to some form of explanation. These may well be friends of yours but I don't know them from Adam, and likewise they don't know me. In which case, they have drawn their own conclusions, like you have without thinking that their may be an explanation of some sort behind it.
As you have blocked the app, one thing that you will not realise is that it has been for the last day or so nothing more than a chatroom. So if you look at a comment from one member, you may have to bear in mind that another comment from another user may well have preceded it. And if that comment could by any chance be deemed derogatory to a member of said members family, then you may have a reason to bite back. I for one am biting back due to the uneducated comments being aimed at me at present. that in term gives me my mantle of most hated Scooter fan. And do you know what? I couldn't really give a poo. Some people don't like me, others do. I don't like some people, others I do. That's just the way of the world. And sorry to say it, there is a touch of arrogance among certain members of the Scooter fan clique. Some people seem to think that it should always be them that gets the perks, the recognition, the place against the barrier at the gig they attend. I don't have a problem with 99% of Scooter fans and some of the people I have met have been fantastic. Some, on the other hand, have been arseholes. Same as any walk in life.
So, in summary, stop wearing the rose tinted glasses. I've been stupid, I've tried to apologised, failed miserably as most people won't listen to what you're saying as their mind is already made up, some people just see it as an excuse to have a pop at somebody being in a position they'd like to be in. Hence some of the other comments that have no doubt been stored somewhere as evidence to condemn somebody without listening to them. I'm a prat, I admit this, I always have been and I always will be but if somebody has a repeated pop at me then I'll have one back, just mine will probably be pretty close to the bone.

Oh, and by the way, Scooter dog does have a Twitter account. He's been retweeting his owners posts for the last four days if you decide to look at somebody else's profile for a change. He should give up on the fanrank contest and take him on Britains got talent, he would make millions with an internet savvy pooch.
Owner - http://twitter.com/#!/djgerryk
Dog - http://twitter.com/#!/scooterkearney :huh:

Anyway, I hope this doesn't get deleted and I trust I don't get banned for giving my views.
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.

Sandra

Saturday, May 28th 2011, 12:49pm

Maybe I am being too sensitive, but I have heard, read rather a lot about this in the last week.... I haven't blocked the app, so I do see a lot of it all, I'm just not taking place. I have huge respect for the guys of Scooter, they are extremely talented, and in my opinion some of the nicest guys you could ever meet, so when all those initial posts came to my attention ( before the arguing started) I was pretty horrified, I also know how upset Maddy was about a couple of posts. Ok, you have apologised, but those things have been written and seen by a lot of people :(, but the comment about another fan ..the f.uck hershe can lick mt ar.se ugly b.itch one was not good, there are better ways to say things... I know there my be a lot of competition, and disagreement but that takes it a bit far. You are right, I don't know you, I don't know the other fan either really, I can only form opinions on the things I have seen over the past few months / years, and sadly days....
Btw... You have certainly succeeded on one thing "the ability To generate discussions" ;)
20 Years of hardcore!