You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 7:47pm

The Big Mash Up - Your Reviews

Your rating for TBMU

A total of 87 Votes have been submitted.

24%

supadupa (21)

22%

very good (19)

17%

good (15)

7%

okay (6)

2%

average (2)

3%

rather bad (3)

3%

bad (3)

21%

very bad (18)

We started this short, but good tradition with UTROTT - and here it is again - the thread for your reviews of TBMU.
Important: This review thread is just for people who have listened to the whole album, not only to the samples.
Please judge the quality of the songs and the whole package (incl. extras like the INFERNO-DVD etc.).

So let's go:
What's your opinion on THE BIG MASH UP!?

(By the way: I will post my opinion after having listened to the whole album for several times - probably this weekend)

Cold_Shadow

MODO! The Heart Of Hockey

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 7:57pm

No point of this when the hype is on max. Wait a few weeks!!!! BUT right now after hearing all the songs from begining to end. It's a okay album. Nothing bad to say about it. It's Just Okay. Really looking forward to DDE video.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cold_Shadow" (Oct 13th 2011, 8:08pm)

Cold_Shadow

MODO! The Heart Of Hockey

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 11:40pm

I do not agree that "Scooter Is Back" with this sound. But one thing is clear. "HP Is Back". Is it just me or do I hear a more energetic HP now. The HP from 1994-1998 era. He's voice sounds fresh more then ever. In there last 3 albums HP sounds bored. Hahaha uhm.. I don't know how to explain it... :D :) :P

kelvo

One Love, Two Mouths, One Love, One House

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 11:49pm

to early yet as said, need to actually here the album in full a few times first
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Skydive

Intermediate

Friday, October 14th 2011, 1:32am

very good!

Friday, October 14th 2011, 1:57am

I do not agree that "Scooter Is Back" with this sound.

This album certainly doesn’t sound like the albums from Scooters golden era and is also a lot more commercial than for example Sheffield or Web Bring the Noise. The old Scooter is simply gone and will never be back. However, the thing that this album has in common with those I mentioned above or some other great albums of the past chapters is the will to be bold, to try new things, to be fresh and creative and ditch many of the past clichés even though they were successful. The will to reinvent oneself, to progress, to grasp modern trends of today’s dance music and give them the Scooter spin. The album also sounds somewhat more mature and definitely less childish and cheesy than the last two ones and offers a nice mix (in fact a mashup :) ) of various elements and genres, all while smoothly flowing and feeling compact throughout the whole tracklist. And lastly, this isn’t confirmed yet, but it seems that the album is based more on inspirations than rip-offs and if it rips, it’s mostly from older songs. That’s why many people (myself included) like it and appreciate it so much. It’s not a coincidence that many of the fans who lost some (once again my case) or all of their former faith and enthusiasm for Scooter are now expressing their satisfaction - some even coming back to Scooter after abandoning it altogether during the last years due to their dissatisfaction with albums like JAOTW or UTROTT. For them Scooter IS back. In the aspects that I listed, they really are back, even though, as i already said before, they will never be completely back in their past form and sound. Obviously, some of the current enthusiasm might by revised with time when the album loses its novelty and people will hear it lots of times, but I still think that the general feeling that this album is good and belongs to the better part of the Scooter discography, will persist. Of course, I’m talking only about Big Mashup’s supporters, for others it can easily be just „OMG!!! Thiz iz da wurst Scooter album of all time!!!“. Tastes do differ. That’s life.

kelvo

One Love, Two Mouths, One Love, One House

Friday, October 14th 2011, 2:00am

totally agree, this is the side of scooter i love the most, the experimental risk taking side, i always find these sort of albums to be the better ones, just like wicked was, sheffield and we bring the noise was and mind the gap
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Le-Rav

Intermediate

Friday, October 14th 2011, 2:46pm

Weird album.... I cannot imagine it will be a success - Single I like but a track like "Beyond the invisible" is awful, I LOVE the original -
I don`t know what they thought pof using this terrible high pitched vocals

Friday, October 14th 2011, 2:50pm

I do not agree that "Scooter Is Back" with this sound. But one thing is clear. "HP Is Back". Is it just me or do I hear a more energetic HP now. The HP from 1994-1998 era. He's voice sounds fresh more then ever. In there last 3 albums HP sounds bored. Hahaha uhm.. I don't know how to explain it... :D :) :P
The freshness is probably helped by the fact that they did not use a bullet mic to record his voice in the studio. The bullet mic reverbs the voice naturally since that mic isn't for vocals to begin with. That's why a lot of these vocals sound much more clear than in previous albums.

Friday, October 14th 2011, 4:56pm

Best album release in 8 years. Only fault is that I wish there was some melodic trance in there. Copyright rocks on a good sound system. Baseline sounds great in the chorus. I even enjoy beyond the invisible which I thought I wouldn't. Its a Biz = Smash! Love it. Plus the fact there is a lot more originality in the album rather than contemporary rips (utrott). All in all very good, even if extremely different!
Do You Like It Hardcore!!!

Friday, October 14th 2011, 5:06pm

Best album release in 8 years. Only fault is that I wish there was some melodic trance in there. Copyright rocks on a good sound system. Baseline sounds great in the chorus. I even enjoy beyond the invisible which I thought I wouldn't. Its a Biz = Smash! Love it. Plus the fact there is a lot more originality in the album rather than contemporary rips (utrott). All in all very good, even if extremely different!

Agreed. Easily best album since MTG.

lisstuppa

Ms. Commercial

Friday, October 14th 2011, 5:51pm

I know Rick, HP and Michael wanted my honest opinion on this album, so here I’ll share it to you. (the first part is a bit harsh, I’m sorry…)

I am really sorry for the language, but what the HELL happened? This album is way too Skrillex/smurfs on steroids/alien party-inspired! There is a distinctive autotune overkill in almost every track. There was written on the Scooter Official page on Facebook: ”Too much helium Rick?” That’s probably what happened. I just feel sorry to say that too much helium doesn’t only give a fun effect to your voice, it can cause the brain to malfunction too.

This feels like picking a fight with the love of your life, and it saddens me. I know you can do so much better. I have loved Scooter music for 17 years now because Scooter always makes me happy. My first memory is sitting in mum’s car screaming my head off: MOVE YOUR ASS!!!! No matter what mood I was in, Scooter always makes me happy. This made me cry. I have always found a way to justify my “weird” taste in music. My friends pick on me (in a friendly matter of course) for being stuck in the 90s. “Scooter, haha, are they still playing???” I always shut them up with playing a killer tune that make them gasp for air. Which track am I going to shut them up with this time? Sugary dip could have worked, except “Have you ever been mellow” have been covered to death already. Have you ever been mellow? Yeah, but I never thought Scooter were the ones that would cause it. :(

I feel empty, depressed, battered. I just want to close my eyes and pretend it never happened. Please guys, wake up from this inspiration drainage. Go back to making banging tunes that sell thousands of copies. That is played to death in local radios all over the globe. What you used to do best. Why leave a success formula once you have obtained it? It is like ruining Coca Cola. C’est bleu and Summer Dream are the only highlights on the whole album. It is the closest I’ll come to feeling proud of this album. Still far away from that feeling though. Somewhat it feels like these were the only two tracks you couldn’t fit on the last album, so you chucked it onto this one. Why not stick to that? Yeah, used to not be too fond of jump either, but I’ve kinda gotten used to it now. This style…what to call it?... I’ll never get used to this, sorry. Never.

How is it supposed to be right when 8 tracks into the album, you have to pause it to get painkillers for the sudden headache that appeared? I said this feels like picking a fight with the love of your life. I still feel like that. I feel drained, yelled at, yelled back at, lonely, sad, and wondering what the hell happens now. It’s not a good feeling at all. :( The constant nagging feeling – so this is it? Is this the end of my 17 year old love relationship to Scooter music? Will all I ever be left with be the good memories from old times? From the concert we had together last weekend that made me smile, even though it was hot as hell, and the Danish crowd were pushing like madmen. From the old, banging tunes that made me happy, no matter what mood I was in. That made me proud when playing them to my friends. Telling my friends that not only did I become a fan, but more felt like I was part of one, big family, making friends that will last a lifetime. Friends that loved the same music as me, and that I could relate to in so many ways, to the joy of “Hi Liv-Runi, so nice to see you again, how did you like the concert?” when I managed to get backstage. Family, friends, and a feeling that my opinion mattered, was cherished and respected.

Every artist are allowed to fxxk up once and a while. They shouldn’t be hated for taking a step (or should I say nosedive?) in the wrong direction. Everyone makes mistakes. The difference is whether you learn from your mistakes or not. Guys, I still love you, I am just very disappointed. Please don’t do this ever again. It hurts too much for my heart to handle. Better luck next time, hey?

Like they say in Batman Begins: “Why do we fall Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again.” In the mean time I’ll just close my eyes (and ears), and pretend this was all a bad dream, and that I’ll wake up from it soon.

Lots of love, Lisstuppa
xoxoxo
"We love you lots! 10 out of 10." Right back at you!

Friday, October 14th 2011, 6:00pm

I know Rick, HP and Michael wanted my honest opinion on this album, so here I’ll share it to you. (the first part is a bit harsh, I’m sorry…)

I am really sorry for the language, but what the HELL happened? This album is way too Skrillex/smurfs on steroids/alien party-inspired! There is a distinctive autotune overkill in almost every track. There was written on the Scooter Official page on Facebook: ”Too much helium Rick?” That’s probably what happened. I just feel sorry to say that too much helium doesn’t only give a fun effect to your voice, it can cause the brain to malfunction too.

This feels like picking a fight with the love of your life, and it saddens me. I know you can do so much better. I have loved Scooter music for 17 years now because Scooter always makes me happy. My first memory is sitting in mum’s car screaming my head off: MOVE YOUR ASS!!!! No matter what mood I was in, Scooter always makes me happy. This made me cry. I have always found a way to justify my “weird” taste in music. My friends pick on me (in a friendly matter of course) for being stuck in the 90s. “Scooter, haha, are they still playing???” I always shut them up with playing a killer tune that make them gasp for air. Which track am I going to shut them up with this time? Sugary dip could have worked, except “Have you ever been mellow” have been covered to death already. Have you ever been mellow? Yeah, but I never thought Scooter were the ones that would cause it. :(

I feel empty, depressed, battered. I just want to close my eyes and pretend it never happened. Please guys, wake up from this inspiration drainage. Go back to making banging tunes that sell thousands of copies. That is played to death in local radios all over the globe. What you used to do best. Why leave a success formula once you have obtained it? It is like ruining Coca Cola. C’est bleu and Summer Dream are the only highlights on the whole album. It is the closest I’ll come to feeling proud of this album. Still far away from that feeling though. Somewhat it feels like these were the only two tracks you couldn’t fit on the last album, so you chucked it onto this one. Why not stick to that? Yeah, used to not be too fond of jump either, but I’ve kinda gotten used to it now. This style…what to call it?... I’ll never get used to this, sorry. Never.

How is it supposed to be right when 8 tracks into the album, you have to pause it to get painkillers for the sudden headache that appeared? I said this feels like picking a fight with the love of your life. I still feel like that. I feel drained, yelled at, yelled back at, lonely, sad, and wondering what the hell happens now. It’s not a good feeling at all. :( The constant nagging feeling – so this is it? Is this the end of my 17 year old love relationship to Scooter music? Will all I ever be left with be the good memories from old times? From the concert we had together last weekend that made me smile, even though it was hot as hell, and the Danish crowd were pushing like madmen. From the old, banging tunes that made me happy, no matter what mood I was in. That made me proud when playing them to my friends. Telling my friends that not only did I become a fan, but more felt like I was part of one, big family, making friends that will last a lifetime. Friends that loved the same music as me, and that I could relate to in so many ways, to the joy of “Hi Liv-Runi, so nice to see you again, how did you like the concert?” when I managed to get backstage. Family, friends, and a feeling that my opinion mattered, was cherished and respected.

Every artist are allowed to fxxk up once and a while. They shouldn’t be hated for taking a step (or should I say nosedive?) in the wrong direction. Everyone makes mistakes. The difference is whether you learn from your mistakes or not. Guys, I still love you, I am just very disappointed. Please don’t do this ever again. It hurts too much for my heart to handle. Better luck next time, hey?

Like they say in Batman Begins: “Why do we fall Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again.” In the mean time I’ll just close my eyes (and ears), and pretend this was all a bad dream, and that I’ll wake up from it soon.

Lots of love, Lisstuppa
xoxoxo
Maybe you really are stuck in the 90's? Cause this is pretty much the new standard in terms of genre for EDM.
Do You Like It Hardcore!!!

Friday, October 14th 2011, 6:20pm

This album was far from a mistake. Scooter evolves with the current trends; that's why they're still around. If they made what you wanted all their career, the band would have been gone by now.

HotRemix

Intermediate

Friday, October 14th 2011, 6:34pm

xoxoxo Maybe you really are stuck in the 90's? Cause this is pretty much the new standard in terms of genre for EDM.
You mean its the new standard in terms of genre for douchebag dance!

GeeTeeAge

Unregistered

Friday, October 14th 2011, 7:07pm

1. Scooter - Friends Turbo (3:19) - sucks
2. Scooter - C.I.F.L. (0:48 ) - sucks
3. Scooter - David Doesn't Eat (3:38 ) - sucks
4. Scooter - Dreams (3:12) - sucks
5. Scooter - Beyond the Invisible (3:37) - kinda alright
6. Scooter - Sugary Dip (3:26) - sucks
7. Scooter - It's A Biz (4:47) - sucks
8. Scooter - C'est Bleu (4:11) - sucks
9. Scooter - 08-15 to Nowhere (4:50) - sucks
10. Scooter - Close Your Eyes (3:28 ) - sucks
11. Scooter - The Only One (3:34) - sucks
12. Scooter - Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll (3:37) - sucks
13. Scooter - Copyright (3:31) - sucks
14. Scooter - Bang Bang Club (4:05) - kinda alright
15. Scooter - Summer Dream (3:21) - sucks
16. Scooter - Mashuia (6:07) - sucks

Shadow3k

Professional

Friday, October 14th 2011, 8:09pm

1. Scooter - Friends Turbo (3:19) - sucks
2. Scooter - C.I.F.L. (0:48 ) - sucks
3. Scooter - David Doesn't Eat (3:38 ) - sucks
4. Scooter - Dreams (3:12) - sucks
lol²
dont wanna copy it totally since this is waste of webspace :D funny guy 8o
Scooter - Eine Band die sich immer verändert, aber trotzdem immer gleich bleibt!

MC909

Professional

Friday, October 14th 2011, 9:54pm

I will receive my album only in some days but it sounds promising. The change of style may disappoint some people but they need to sound new.

Friday, October 14th 2011, 11:29pm

This album is way too... smurfs on steroids

I don’t understand this smurf complaint I keep hearing from the critics of this album. There are a few lyrics and sounds here and there in a couple of tracks that use the HPV effect and that’s it. Only Beyond the Invisible is using it in a bigger capacity. But you know what, the track that’s fully built around a cheesy (but catchy, I admit) HPV refrain, i.e. Summer Dream (in fact the hellium comment was pointed at it), usually belongs among the few tracks on this album that the same criticizing people actually like. And don’t get me even started on the previous two albums that had so many HPV like probably no other album before them. So the smurf complaint is really incomprehensible for me. ?(

But anyway, I sympathize with your disappointment, lisstuppa. I was disappointed with many of their previous stuff in the last couple of years, but I like this new album very much. I wish you to feel the same about the next album, or perhaps to even become warmer toward this one. ;) You wrote that at first, you didn’t like jumpstyle either, so who knows, maybe with a little time, colder emotionless head and more open minded stance, you will eventually appreciate this style more as well. I don’t know what music do you listen to except Scooter, but in general, I advise everyone to try to broaden their musical taste and listen to various kinds of music (or at least to different artists in the same genre) - it will enrich you and you will be less disappointed when Scooter comes with something new and unusual because you will be more opened to it and even if you still don’t like it, you will have many other artist shaking the nation with their own creations to make it up for you. ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anuris" (Oct 14th 2011, 11:48pm)

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 12:24am

not having heard the album (or samples) yet, I'd say this is the album that I'll not like at the first listen but it'll grow on me a LOT
disregard sleep - acquire tea