You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kelvo

Middle Fingers In The Air

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 2:16am

god some fans here are like hipacrits,
you want fresh, you got it, id say its better than the same old music, i would loudly say that you would moan if this was another jump album like before

also why criticise the HPV most of you love it, now it a hated thing, if you hate it then you hate all hpv tracks, which you dont

i like this album purely based mostly on that it sounds different and fresh, also the tunes are good,
this is music today, and scooter have always worked this way, so why change now
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:41am

anyone who doesn't know anything about Dubstep should really not comment on it. Everyone is gonna moan about how this isn't the 'real scooter' but i really think these people are the ones who are stuck between '94 and '97. Maybe we need Doc Brown to come and rescue them. While he's there he can pass on a message from me: Scooter are NEVER gonna make their old music! Do people actually think people are gonna want to hear 90's dance music. I certainly don't.

These 'fans' are like the obsessive girlfriend who won't let the guy go out because she thinks he'll cheat on her. That's not love, that's being possessive with a severe case of nostalgia. If you like I can create a forum for the guys who wish Scooter's music didn't progress past 2000. If you call yourself a fan you like their music. No amount of bitching and moaning will bring back the past.

Maybe these guys complaining can make something themselves and see if they can get it in the charts themselves. GTA, you're not a producer- you are funny and you are intelligent but to the music scene you're nobody, that's the way it is. You don't have a valid opinion as no famous music acts have ever come from your country. The British music scene is so diverse and in that respect I'm really lucky because I've heard so many different genres out and about. I think a few must wake up here.

Thunderstruck

Unregistered

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:49am

anyone who doesn't know anything about Dubstep should really not comment on it. Everyone is gonna moan about how this isn't the 'real scooter' but i really think these people are the ones who are stuck between '94 and '97. Maybe we need Doc Brown to come and rescue them. While he's there he can pass on a message from me: Scooter are NEVER gonna make their old music! Do people actually think people are gonna want to hear 90's dance music. I certainly don't.

These 'fans' are like the obsessive girlfriend who won't let the guy go out because she thinks he'll cheat on her. That's not love, that's being possessive with a severe case of nostalgia. If you like I can create a forum for the guys who wish Scooter's music didn't progress past 2000. If you call yourself a fan you like their music. No amount of bitching and moaning will bring back the past.

Maybe these guys complaining can make something themselves and see if they can get it in the charts themselves. GTA, you're not a producer- you are funny and you are intelligent but to the music scene you're nobody, that's the way it is. You don't have a valid opinion as no famous music acts have ever come from your country. The British music scene is so diverse and in that respect I'm really lucky because I've heard so many different genres out and about. I think a few must wake up here.
I can only sign this comment because it speaks exactly what I think too. ^^

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:54am

FINALLY, a forum member who has agreed with one of my posts. I thought this place died 2 years ago

wearethegreatest

Heaven_hardcore

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 4:35am

From the USA..my review

At first, I liked the intro...but then the dubstepping. I had to listen to 1/2 of the cd and pause for a break. Honestly, I like the Suck my Megamix more than anything. That was the mashup. The DVD is the best thing out of the package all in all. So I paid the extra to have it shipped quickly but the tunes on the 1st cd wont sit well with me. I am more partial to UTROTT and JAOTW. But that is just my opinion. I have listened to this cd about 4x to see if I will get hooked but maybe after a few drinks. ;(
TBMU

Hennes

Master

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 7:16am

So there are people who want Scooter to do something new. And when they finally o something new, they scream for the ol stuff. Well, good news for those people: there is already old stuff from Scooter! Go and listen to their first albums.
The music from the 90s was great, but that time is over. All we can get is maybe a track that goes into the direction, but no artist (Scooter or anyone else) will do an entire album in the Eurodance style. How many artists from that time are still around with big success? Mark´Oh? Fun Factory? Charlie Lownoise and Mental Theo? E-Rotic?
Scooter are going with the time. As usual, you need to listen to the songs a couple of times and you´ll get warm with them. It has been like that before.
This album actually has a nice mix of different genres. It´s not a written law that you guys must love all songs. I don´t either. But the album is enjoyable. Also for young generations. Open your eyes. People like me, who were teenagers when Scooter started, are now in their thirties. The teenagers today weren´t even born then.
How many artists still produce 70s or 80s music the exact way it was back then? Sure, there´s music that contains certain elements. And DJs use samples, as did Scooter on The BIg Mash Up. But you´ll never ever get a full new released album of it. BECAUSE IT WAS ALREADY THERE!
You can bet your money: the next album is going to be different again. That´s another thing I like about Scooter. They´ve made 15 studio albums. Each of them has it´s own - let me call it personality. None is like any other.
Don´t complain! TAKE CARE TO GET WHAT YOU LIKE OR YOU WILL BE FORCED TO LIKE WHAT YOU GET!!! I don´t feel forced to like this album. I actually do like it. Many songs are catchy. There are nice sound effects and cool lyrics. I´m not saying that evey second of the album is perfect. If you want one that you consider perfect down to each sound wave it omits go ahead - produce your own music!
Do you want to hear some cool trance tunes and miss it on this CD? Listen to ATB for instance!
Do you want to hear some cool hardstyle music? I can recommend you Showtek and Headhunterz!
Do you prefer Hands Up music? Have you heard about Topmodelz?
Do you miss the good old Eurodance times? There´s plenty of goold old classics from that time between 1993 and 1996.
I´m sure there are at least some tracks you enjoy on The Big Mash Up, since there are many different styles. And if not, enjoy the Megamix.
Complaining won´t change anything. You should have understood by now, they will never do the same stuff again. With each album they´re inventing themselves new, without losing their identity. There´s plenty of Scooter on this CD.
I will enjoy this CD. Hope to get more in 2012!
100 % of the Mexican Scooter Posse :)

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 7:37am

I know Rick, HP and Michael wanted my honest opinion on this album, so here I’ll share it to you. (the first part is a bit harsh, I’m sorry…)

I am really sorry for the language, but what the HELL happened? This album is way too Skrillex/smurfs on steroids/alien party-inspired! There is a distinctive autotune overkill in almost every track. There was written on the Scooter Official page on Facebook: ”Too much helium Rick?” That’s probably what happened. I just feel sorry to say that too much helium doesn’t only give a fun effect to your voice, it can cause the brain to malfunction too.

This feels like picking a fight with the love of your life, and it saddens me. I know you can do so much better. I have loved Scooter music for 17 years now because Scooter always makes me happy. My first memory is sitting in mum’s car screaming my head off: MOVE YOUR ASS!!!! No matter what mood I was in, Scooter always makes me happy. This made me cry. I have always found a way to justify my “weird” taste in music. My friends pick on me (in a friendly matter of course) for being stuck in the 90s. “Scooter, haha, are they still playing???” I always shut them up with playing a killer tune that make them gasp for air. Which track am I going to shut them up with this time? Sugary dip could have worked, except “Have you ever been mellow” have been covered to death already. Have you ever been mellow? Yeah, but I never thought Scooter were the ones that would cause it. :(

I feel empty, depressed, battered. I just want to close my eyes and pretend it never happened. Please guys, wake up from this inspiration drainage. Go back to making banging tunes that sell thousands of copies. That is played to death in local radios all over the globe. What you used to do best. Why leave a success formula once you have obtained it? It is like ruining Coca Cola. C’est bleu and Summer Dream are the only highlights on the whole album. It is the closest I’ll come to feeling proud of this album. Still far away from that feeling though. Somewhat it feels like these were the only two tracks you couldn’t fit on the last album, so you chucked it onto this one. Why not stick to that? Yeah, used to not be too fond of jump either, but I’ve kinda gotten used to it now. This style…what to call it?... I’ll never get used to this, sorry. Never.

How is it supposed to be right when 8 tracks into the album, you have to pause it to get painkillers for the sudden headache that appeared? I said this feels like picking a fight with the love of your life. I still feel like that. I feel drained, yelled at, yelled back at, lonely, sad, and wondering what the hell happens now. It’s not a good feeling at all. :( The constant nagging feeling – so this is it? Is this the end of my 17 year old love relationship to Scooter music? Will all I ever be left with be the good memories from old times? From the concert we had together last weekend that made me smile, even though it was hot as hell, and the Danish crowd were pushing like madmen. From the old, banging tunes that made me happy, no matter what mood I was in. That made me proud when playing them to my friends. Telling my friends that not only did I become a fan, but more felt like I was part of one, big family, making friends that will last a lifetime. Friends that loved the same music as me, and that I could relate to in so many ways, to the joy of “Hi Liv-Runi, so nice to see you again, how did you like the concert?” when I managed to get backstage. Family, friends, and a feeling that my opinion mattered, was cherished and respected.

Every artist are allowed to fxxk up once and a while. They shouldn’t be hated for taking a step (or should I say nosedive?) in the wrong direction. Everyone makes mistakes. The difference is whether you learn from your mistakes or not. Guys, I still love you, I am just very disappointed. Please don’t do this ever again. It hurts too much for my heart to handle. Better luck next time, hey?

Like they say in Batman Begins: “Why do we fall Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again.” In the mean time I’ll just close my eyes (and ears), and pretend this was all a bad dream, and that I’ll wake up from it soon.

Lots of love, Lisstuppa
xoxoxo

This is one of the most jaded, narrow minded and childish comments that I have ever seen grace this forum. Jesus christ go listen to the old albums and reminisce to yourself.

facepalm.jpg

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 10:05am

An average album thanks to megamix!a bit slow album some tracks are so mainstream with crazy tunes,weird sounds etc!ok maybe this was an experimental ablum!Lets hope that this is over and the next album is going to have Maximum respect to the whole European posse!
Transforming the autotune!We need your support!

If you've got the breath back!It's the first page of the unknown chapter!

If you love it or you hate it i don't give a damn!

If you're really think you're ready so let me see your hands!

lisstuppa

Ms. Commercial

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 11:43am

This is one of the most jaded, narrow minded and childish comments that I have ever seen grace this forum. Jesus christ go listen to the old albums and reminisce to yourself.

Whatever. :| Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. So what, you love it, I am disappointed. Guess what? I am allowed to be. You have been around here long enough to know that I am not either narrow minded nor childish. I have always been open to new styles from Scooter in the past, but this time I don't think it worked. So it seems I am the only one who doesn't think this is supadupa fantastic, but I'm still allowed to say so without being called names. Or at least that was appreciated back in the days when this forum felt more like family and was fun to be logged on to.

Maybe you really are stuck in the 90's? Cause this is pretty much the new standard in terms of genre for EDM.

Yeah, I might be... :S

I don’t know what music do you listen to except Scooter

Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Swedish House Mafia, Klaas, Bodybangers, Sean Finn, R.I.O., Eric Amarillo, Pulsedriver, Topmodelz, Andrew Spencer, Benny Benassi, DJ Antoine, Martin Soveig, Inna, Fredde Le Grand, ATB, JES, Vinylshakerz, Mike Candys, Italo Brothers, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Pleasurekraft, Matisse....the names on the top of my "listened to last-list" at the moment.

I sympathize with your disappointment, lisstuppa. I was disappointed with many of their previous stuff in the last couple of years, but I like this new album very much. I wish you to feel the same about the next album, or perhaps to even become warmer toward this one. ;)

Thanks, I appreciate this comment a lot. I'll just listen to other music instead while I wait for the next one, and hopefully you are right, and I'll get that good feeling back for the next album. :)
"We love you lots! 10 out of 10." Right back at you!

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 11:56am

1. Scooter - Friends Turbo (3:19) - sucks
2. Scooter - C.I.F.L. (0:48 ) - sucks
3. Scooter - David Doesn't Eat (3:38 ) - sucks
4. Scooter - Dreams (3:12) - sucks
5. Scooter - Beyond the Invisible (3:37) - kinda alright
6. Scooter - Sugary Dip (3:26) - sucks
7. Scooter - It's A Biz (4:47) - sucks
8. Scooter - C'est Bleu (4:11) - sucks
9. Scooter - 08-15 to Nowhere (4:50) - sucks
10. Scooter - Close Your Eyes (3:28 ) - sucks
11. Scooter - The Only One (3:34) - sucks
12. Scooter - Sex and Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll (3:37) - sucks
13. Scooter - Copyright (3:31) - sucks
14. Scooter - Bang Bang Club (4:05) - kinda alright
15. Scooter - Summer Dream (3:21) - sucks
16. Scooter - Mashuia (6:07) - sucks
Mann hast langeweile oder was? wie kennen deine Meinung nun mittlerweile alle. Gehe uns nicht mehr auf den Geist und schweig. Es nervt.

Wenn dir das Album nicht gefällt dann hör es nicht an. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: Ich kann leider nicht english schreiben

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 11:58am

I'm still not able to give a real opinion on the new album because I am very busy this weekend (school, university, marriage - but not mine ;) ) and I have to listen to this album for a few times before I can judge it's quality.
My first impressions:
I'm surprised in a positive way. I have never thought that Scooter could make really good electro house tracks with black influence. The few tries they made with house or hip hop ("BTC", "TLH, "LUT", "PW", "NSD"...) were quite nice but couldn't reach the sound of real house/hip hop artists.
So I feared the album would be full of hybrid tracks that are neither "real" house nor "real" Scooter. But tracks like It's A Biz may really fill dancefloors. The beats and effects Scooter use are even more complex than those of many house artists. Even typical tracks like "C'est bleu" appear quite fresh.
Ok, house is still not really my cup of tea and there are some things they could have made "rounder" and thus better (e. g. more focus on anthemic melodies and avoiding disturbing "break" effects and the huge amount of childish hpv shouts), but on the whole I really respect Scooter for trying something new and making it as good as if they had been into electro house for years. This album has it's own Scooter-house character, it's not only a compilation of different house melodies/beats/sounds like UTROTT which was some kind of collection of hardstyle sounds, beats and melodies combined with shouts by HP.

Cold_Shadow

MODO! The Heart Of Hockey

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 12:48pm

Even now in 2011. The free choise to speak what you feel is taboo. If you don't follow the wave then you're fried. Thats the feeling I get from this forum. :S ;(

About Scooter & TBMU. I see both success & Scooter's down fall with this album. Personally I hope they will get much success with this album. But as I said before. This is not my cup of tea. And I will wait to a Better Faster Harder SCOOTER!!!!

And BTW. All this sh#t talk about Scooter are done with the past is f#cking ridiculous. Start to use your f#cking brains. Your all-knowing-morons. If Scooter can transform nothing to something. They certainly can do oldschool styles with a modern touch!!!!!

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 12:55pm

I can only sign this comment because it speaks exactly what I think too. ^^
x2 - Great post, really struck how I feel
Do You Like It Hardcore!!!

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 2:17pm

I agree with most of what you said (about Scooter never coming back to the same music they did in the 90s and their need to continually evolve and progress) , however, I don’t take the „You don't have a valid opinion as no famous music acts have ever come from your country“ comment. What kind of argument is that? Vast majority of famous music acts come from the US and the UK, which in itself is no coincidence or a proof that artist from other countries are lame and talentless, but in a big part also a reflection of various processes and obstructions that are related to power, economy and politics. What do you want to say? That only people in a few privileged countries can judge and speak about music, while the rest are incompetent? That’s a pretty arrogant, snobbish and pointless statement, if you ask me... Any person from any country can hear any number of genres he wants to and the fact that no famous act comes from the country, in which this person lives, is completely pointless...

Quoted from "listuppa"

Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Swedish House Mafia, Klaas, Bodybangers, Sean Finn, R.I.O., Eric Amarillo, Pulsedriver, Topmodelz, Andrew Spencer, Benny Benassi, DJ Antoine, Martin Soveig, Inna, Fredde Le Grand, ATB, JES, Vinylshakerz, Mike Candys, Italo Brothers, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Pleasurekraft, Matisse....the names on the top of my "listened to last-list" at the moment.

Than I’m surprised that you don’t like this album, because it seems, that you in fact like diverse things in the EDM scene – not just trance or whatever (and it's not like Scooter went jazz :D) .... The new album certainly does sound like some of the work from the artist you listed. But I guess that maybe you expect from Scooter a particular (and in a way predictable) type of music that you didn’t get this time. But judging from your „listen to“ list, I see a potential that with time, after the initial shock and disappointment wears off, you might indeed become warmer to TBMU like you did toward jumpstyle. ;)

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Anuris" (Oct 15th 2011, 3:15pm)

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:05pm

And BTW. All this sh#t talk about Scooter are done with the past is f#cking ridiculous. Start to use your f#cking brains. Your all-knowing-morons. If Scooter can transform nothing to something. They certainly can do oldschool styles with a modern touch!!!!!

I will overlook the pointless name calling some of you people are throwing at yourselves just because you have different opinions – that’s not how a proper and intelligent discussion is done. :rolleyes: But I want to say that yes, they indeed can do oldschool styles with a modern touch, however, I highlight the key words „with a modern touch“. That’s precisely it. They might try to make a connection to the past in their music and recreate something from it, while enriching it whit today’s modern elements, but they will never do the same music they did back then. An even this modernized musical reminiscing will most likely play only a marginal role in their future productions + the modern clones of past tracks themself will once again not satisfy everyone from the people who miss the old times…

You know, I would love to have another album like those in the 2nd chapter, which is my favorite Scooter era, but I have reconciled with the fact that it will never happen because that era has gone away with the years and Axel and won’t be coming back. So I instead look forward to the progress and new stuff that I will like and to which I can feel nostalgia in the future the same way as I feel it to the past now. ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anuris" (Oct 15th 2011, 3:12pm)

Scar

Moscow Posse!

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:26pm

Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Swedish House Mafia, Klaas, Bodybangers, Sean Finn, R.I.O., Eric Amarillo, Pulsedriver, Topmodelz, Andrew Spencer, Benny Benassi, DJ Antoine, Martin Soveig, Inna, Fredde Le Grand, Vinylshakerz, Mike Candys, Italo Brothers, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Pleasurekraft, Matisse....the names on the top of my "listened to last-list" at the moment.

Horrible... sorry, but... it's all trash for me. Even Tiesto & Armin are horrible nowadays... well, not so bad as others, but anyway. And by the way, it's especially strange that you don't like the new Scooter album if you're listening to SHM, Martin Soveig and Guetta. Because Scooter used some stuff from this music style but did it much better (imo). DJ Antoine... OMG...................... so much trashy stuff here. Sorry. It's only my own opinion.

I'm a trance fan, so maybe my words sounds harsh. Sorry for that. It's your taste and you have all the rights to like whatever you want. I just wanna say that this is absolutely not my cup of tea, that's all.
ScooterPlanet.ru

Wickedpedia - many interesting facts about Scooter and their career. It's a project of scooterplanet.ru. Only Russian version available.

Scooter Planet @ Facebook

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Scar" (Oct 15th 2011, 3:36pm)

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:33pm

Just let her be, man, and don’t comment her „horrible“ music taste. She’s already disappointed with the album and people are giving her hard time for expressing it, let’s not also pick on her for what she listens to besides Scooter… Try to be a gentleman, dammit. ;)

Scar

Moscow Posse!

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 3:38pm

Just let her be, man, and don?t comment her ?horrible? music taste. She?s already disappointed with the album and people are giving her hard time for expressing it, let?s not also pick on her for what she listens to besides Scooter? Try to be a gentleman, dammit.

Yeah, sorry for that :(( I was not right to speak so. Sorry for the harsh words, lisstuppa. This is just not my styles at all, that's all. Sorry again :)
ScooterPlanet.ru

Wickedpedia - many interesting facts about Scooter and their career. It's a project of scooterplanet.ru. Only Russian version available.

Scooter Planet @ Facebook

Danmaster

Intermediate

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 5:24pm

Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Swedish House Mafia, Klaas, Bodybangers, Sean Finn, R.I.O., Eric Amarillo, Pulsedriver, Topmodelz, Andrew Spencer, Benny Benassi, DJ Antoine, Martin Soveig, Inna, Fredde Le Grand, Vinylshakerz, Mike Candys, Italo Brothers, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Pleasurekraft, Matisse....the names on the top of my "listened to last-list" at the moment.

Horrible... sorry, but... it's all trash for me. Even Tiesto & Armin are horrible nowadays... well, not so bad as others, but anyway. And by the way, it's especially strange that you don't like the new Scooter album if you're listening to SHM, Martin Soveig and Guetta. Because Scooter used some stuff from this music style but did it much better (imo). DJ Antoine... OMG...................... so much trashy stuff here. Sorry. It's only my own opinion.

I'm a trance fan, so maybe my words sounds harsh. Sorry for that. It's your taste and you have all the rights to like whatever you want. I just wanna say that this is absolutely not my cup of tea, that's all.
Yes, I think, this is very bad, too. OK, Armin van Buuren, Pulsedriver, Topmodelz and ATB are good. But I hate the others. And Armin van Buuren and David Guetta in one list, lol. I would say, David Guetta is the most commercial and bad DJ.
WICKED!

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 6:08pm

I'm really disappointed.

Buyed the cd, turnd up the volume, but (as with no other Scooter album) I turned it back down, soon.
I like the music of the 90s, too, like all other albums of Scooter including the newer ones, but this one isn't it worth to buy it. Ok, except the megamix which is nice. But some crossings could be better.

The only one is the only good track on that cd (well, friends is nice, too, but nothing new)

ps: with "nothing new" I don't mean new style. It's only a remake (and the video edit is awful).
Stuck at 90s... Well, this album reminds me several times to the 70s or somewhat, just with a bit more beat in it.

I hope the next album will be better, like any other before.