You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Steve C

who needs vocals

• "Steve C" started this thread

Friday, December 9th 2011, 9:48pm

Radio 1 fully dumbs down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16077000

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted. All the more underground-type shows (including the trance and D&B shows) axed, and Kutski's hard dance/hardstyle/hardcore show punted to the sidelines in a 3-week-rotation. I've been listening to the dance shows on there for 15 years, and in April (more or less 20 years since I started listening to music full stop) it's time to go elsewhere.
We started in 1994....in 2014 we're still on the case!!!

Daniel

It's 6am in the morning, and we find ourselves somewhere in England

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 12:38am

Can't say im suprised, Radio1 have always had a downer on proper dance music. Drum n Bass and RnB will take over the slots then by the looks of it....shudder. Thankgod i can tune my ipod into my car stereo now.

Sandra

20 Years of Hardcore!

Location: Northampton or Norfolk, East Anglia the place to be

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 12:51am

I gave up on Radio 1 a while ago, in favour of my iPod :)
20 Years of hardcore!

Imre -SP-

aka. DJ Flatline

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 1:02pm

Radio1 is another falling star in entertainment. Dubstep and stuff are taking over the whole thing. Shame on them.
I'm much nicer in real life.

Traxx

- brain not found -

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 11:36am

After the recent news about Radio 1, it's for the best to go somewhere else.
Don't need Radio 1 to find good music :D
- Bring the noise! -

Monday, December 12th 2011, 6:46pm

Radio 1 has been an irrelevance to me for many years! :D

Daniel

It's 6am in the morning, and we find ourselves somewhere in England

Monday, December 12th 2011, 7:55pm

I only have to look at the current UK top 40 dance singles to realise why I never listen to the radio anymore.

Monday, December 12th 2011, 8:46pm

The only music radio station I will still listen to is Sunshine LIve and various others I find on the internet. Never anything English!

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 1:30pm

totally agree!!!

Radio 1 isn't as good anymore as it used to be a few years ago!!

Traxx

- brain not found -

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 4:39pm

Most radio stations mostly play the newest and biggest hits, after my experience. The old music from the 70's and 80's which is played, is mostly only the big hits, as of today it's the same.
- Bring the noise! -

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 1:55pm

Another quite disturbing fact is that most radio stations play the biggest songs at least once an hour. Since I listen to radio most of my day, I don't wanna hrear the same song over and over again.

I switched to Spotify a few weeks ago. If I really want to listen to the Top 40 I can, but I can also choose a different station every day, as well as all different kind of genres. Thumbs up for Spotify!

G-WWBB

We take you higher!

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 12:35am

I'm with Sandra on this one, unless there's a radio station out there that plays Scooter tracks non-stop, then it's iPod a go go for me!
06/04/12 - Berlin O2 World - Good Friday? It was an awesome Friday!!! :thumbup:
12/05/12 - HMV Forum, London - Back in the UK!
27/07/13 - Olympiastadion, Munich.
11/01/14 - Berlin, O2 World.
16/01/14 - Munich, Zenith.
17/01/14 - Stuttgart, Porsche Arena.
24/01/14 - Hamburg, O2 World - Tearfest.

If you love me or you hate me I don't give a damn!

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 1:43am

agree, the radio is rubbish
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 10:34pm

Once again ... Sunshine Live, that's the way to go. They play Scooter on their A List or equivalent all the time. And some other really great tracks too! 8) Their chart from 4pm on a Saturday UK time is always a good listen. :thumbup: We don't need to worry ourselves with Radio 1. ;)

http://www.sunshine-live.de/liveradio/

G-WWBB

We take you higher!

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 11:39pm

Reckon I can pick that up in the car Dave? Lol :D
06/04/12 - Berlin O2 World - Good Friday? It was an awesome Friday!!! :thumbup:
12/05/12 - HMV Forum, London - Back in the UK!
27/07/13 - Olympiastadion, Munich.
11/01/14 - Berlin, O2 World.
16/01/14 - Munich, Zenith.
17/01/14 - Stuttgart, Porsche Arena.
24/01/14 - Hamburg, O2 World - Tearfest.

If you love me or you hate me I don't give a damn!

Friday, February 17th 2012, 12:01am

Tell you what, let's start a campaign for it to get a UK radio licence then! :P

But seriously, there is other stuff out there ... may not be as convenient as Radio 1 on the radio, but worth it in the end! :)

Shellie

Trainee

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 2:41pm

I gave up on Radio 1 a while ago, in favour of my iPod :)

Me too Sandra that way I choose what I listen to instead of some idiot who thinks they know good music. :P
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

Liquid Base Babe, HP's on my mind.

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 1:04am

Scooter currently has three members, all of whom are highly regarded members of Mensa International. Their frontman, H.P. Baxxter (true name Hans-Peter Geerdes), is reported to be the most brilliant person alive, having an IQ of 350 or above. He is often referred to as Lovecraft by his friends due to the initials of his first names[citation needed]. He is also known for being an adversary of James Bond in the film Tomorrow never Dies.

However, the other two members, Rick Jordan (formerly known as Hendrik Stedler) and Michael Simon, are reported to "only" have an IQ of 250.

Co-founder of the group was Sören Bühler, while two other ex-members who were involved in the group for a time were Axel Broszeit and Jürgen Frosch (who created under the pseudonyms Axel Coon and Jayfrog, so as to avoid trampling by fan mob). Michael Simon is the most recent member of the poetry group, having joined up as lately as in 2006.

The three genii who would go on to found the internationally renowned poetry group known as Scooter, Hans-Peter Geerdes, Hendrik Stedler and Sören Bühler, met up while working as doctorate scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Quantum electromagnetohydrodynamics in Mülheim. Unbeknownst to the others, all three wrote poetry individually in their free time in the evening after their brilliant academic work was finished. Soon they became aware that they shared a common passion and formed the poetry group Scooter, which was intended to be a forum for aspiring poets throughout Europe, although this ambition did not come to fruitation because most newcommers were afraid that they could never live up to the extreme standards set by three intellectual colossi such as Hans-Peter Geerdes, Hendrik Stedler and Sören Bühler.

H.P. Baxxter also has a patent for the Chillybow, a weapon of terrible power that he invented at the Institute for Quantum Electromagnetohydrodynamics. While arguably having a pretty silly name, it is in truth the most powerful bow ever created, a dreaded device shooting special arrows very much resembling ice cream cones, but are actually made entirely of dark matter, instantly vaporizing small moons and asteroids in one single shot. .................................??????????????? ?( ?( ?(
Can you tell me: how do I get off the bus?" — from poem "Friends turbo"
X(

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 1:18am

what the??
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 1:27am

Scooter has created many critically acclaimed poems, some of the most notable ones being "Hyper Hyper", "Weekend", "Fire", "Move your ass'"and "How much is the fish?". All of Scooter's poems have a deep, underlying meaning - perhaps a commentary on the Riemann Hypothesis or the existencial void which we all live in these days. "Hyper Hyper" is a song poem about the possibilities of hidden pocket dimensions in hyperspace, touching the work of such brilliant string theorists as Michael Green and Edward Witten, describing the elusive journeys of an Alice in Wonderland-like character, Alice in Hyperland, to a perplexing eleven-dimensional hyperspace landscape.

Lyrics from The Logical Song are believed to explain the origins of the universe when played backwards

While Scooter's poems are difficult to comprehend due to their very abstract and profound nature, we shall try as best as we can to understand what goes on in the brilliant mind of H.P. Baxxter, the most ingenious person currently alive. 8| ?( ?(
Can you tell me: how do I get off the bus?" — from poem "Friends turbo"
X(