You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ROCHEN

caffeine addict

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 11:10pm

yea its strange either way, but me first idea would be that by leaving out the great promo opportunities they keep their "underground" image alive?! ...
not likely , just a thought .....
#yesThisIsDawg

Friday, March 30th 2012, 1:00pm

Not long ago HP told in an interview that it makes the guys angry if they fail to reach the top10. Further Scooter can produce each style they want and they can make almost no promo, but the name Scooter will always stand for commercial "Kirmestechno" in the eyes of the haters.
So creating some kind of "underground image" doesn't make any sense for a band like Scooter that was commercially successful trhoughout 16 years. And they wouldn't try to make concept albums within new and "trendy" styles like electro house and dubstep if they gave up the mainstream.

It's more likely that the international success of JAOTW, the #2 for UTROTT and the T10 for Ti Sento made them and/or their management think: "Ha, Scooter is such a big brand these days, so many people are interested in it that we don't need to make big promo. People will look for new Scooter stuff in the internet on their own, so let's try to release as many singles as possible without a big promo- and release plans. So we'll have several tracks in the Single-Top100 and long-lasting album success just like David Guetta and less costs for promotion. Minimum effort --> macimum success."
But it seems that this idea has been leading the band in the wrong turn - and now there is no more budget for them to come back with their old PR policy.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mr Hyper" (Mar 30th 2012, 1:09pm)

Jaz

a.k.a. Scooterfreak 2

Friday, March 30th 2012, 5:59pm

Mr Hyper: exactly my thoughts. But sad to think so....

D--------6~~------------------6~~------------
A------------------9~~-----------------9-7~--
D--6-7-9-----6-7-9-----6-7-9-----6-7-9-------
Feel free to visit my Youtube Channel: RageAgainstFacebook
If you love me or you hate me I don't give a damn! I'm just myself... that's enough... I think...

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

• "kelvo" started this thread

Friday, March 30th 2012, 8:33pm

i just hope scooter can sort out the promo thing,
i was hoping for a better hit for IAB, but it seems it may be another flop like the last few hits

surely scooter and the management have noticed the bad run, and the promo could be the answer, but also the sound could be, as stated a while back scooter have got this trend following thing going on and this could another reason why the success is low, scooter need to maybe start producing music the way they did before, less sampling more harder music.
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Friday, March 30th 2012, 8:37pm

BTW

some amazon news

uk mp3 Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,146 in MP3 Albums (See Top 100 in MP3 Albums)

germany
Shipping Weight: No. 1345 in Music ( See Top 100 in Music )
No. 6 in Music > Dance & DJ > Techno

Shipping Weight: No. 717 in MP3 Albums ( See Top 100 in MP3 Albums )
# 88 in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Dance & DJ

Friday, March 30th 2012, 8:54pm

Quoted

It's more likely that the international success of JAOTW, the #2 for UTROTT and the T10 for Ti Sento made them and/or their management think: "Ha, Scooter is such a big brand these days, so many people are interested in it that we don't need to make big promo. People will look for new Scooter stuff in the internet on their own, so let's try to release as many singles as possible without a big promo- and release plans. So we'll have several tracks in the Single-Top100 and long-lasting album success just like David Guetta and less costs for promotion. Minimum effort --> macimum success."
But it seems that this idea has been leading the band in the wrong turn - and now there is no more budget for them to come back with their old PR policy

Like in any other financial company, if you somehow got your hands on a big budget-you should spend it anyway- even on stuff you don't need, because if you show you can handle with less budget-next year your budget will be cut, and then when you really need it-you don't have the big bucks to spend anymore-seems Scooter made a bad move showing Kontor they can handle with less budget for promo and now they suffer from the results.
TURN UP THE BLASTER,
AND HEAR THE SHOUTS OF BAXXTER

Sandra

20 Years of Hardcore!

Location: Northampton or Norfolk, East Anglia the place to be

Friday, March 30th 2012, 11:18pm

Well, on Monday they will know the chart entry position of It's a Biz and know how well the current promo works
20 Years of hardcore!

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 12:40am

hope it goes welll, we and scooter sure need this one to do good,
as it is, if it can chart better than the recent hits even as far back as TSAMH, i will be happy, it will be step in the right direction

its bad for scooter, the singles and album have had it bad, which makes it harder to produce top hits, scooter need a top hit to get back in the top line again, one hit and the rest will follow

Traxx

- brain not found -

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 1:17am

Facebook, Twitter and other social networks provides free promo. Downside is it requires the followers (fans) to spread the news they post to get it out to as many people as possible.
- Bring the noise! -

Scooterjeka

Professional

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 12:40pm

Is it already known what the midweek position is? It's a Biz is the best of the worst singles so I think a hope for top 10 is considerable.
Riding with me is my friend R.J.Jordan,
Knowing the rules aint part of his program,
Finding the right tune that fits the track,
Might be pretty hard cuz he's f_cked on crack!

Start the match and find the station
Reach what you can and party the nation,
A? Hey! Whatcha gonna say?
I automate the sequence and speed for my getaway
Take it to the edge, there's nowhere to hide,
And call up the crew; let's go for a joyride!

Let's go for a joyride!

Traxx

- brain not found -

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 12:46pm

It depends if IAB have already got enough promo and sales for a top 10 enter...
- Bring the noise! -

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 12:51pm

which so far its not looking good for a top hit, seems scooter dont really get tv promotion anymore

Traxx

- brain not found -

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 1:06pm

And it doesn't help that they haven't used every promo opportunity, like advertising it on the tour concerts and such.
- Bring the noise! -

Shadow3k

Professional

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 4:14pm

I think it will rock BOTTOM :(
70 - 100 MAYBE :(
Scooter - Eine Band die sich immer verändert, aber trotzdem immer gleich bleibt!

Shadow3k

Professional

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 4:39pm

I wonder why they don't promote a good new single in a big TV Show?

For example the single "T?" was promoted in the TV show were Scooter performed on a wedding! :) This was awesome. Not a big crowd but many TV viewers because of this curiosity ;) Scooter played T? + medley there.
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3056980/Scoo…umhochzeit_Pro7

Result: #5 highest position in charts for T?

:)

I think Scooter don't use their potential. Or maybe they get no chance to be in a TV show :(
Scooter - Eine Band die sich immer verändert, aber trotzdem immer gleich bleibt!

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 5:34pm

"It's A Biz" hasn't been added to the VIVA-playlist yet. I wonder if VIVA doesn't show Scooter videos anymore or if Scooter think they don't need VIVA anymore (which would be a bad way to think because the acts that are successful these days - e. g. Unheilig, Katy Perry, Sean Paul, Pitbull, Culcha Candela - still have their videos running on VIVA).
And other house/dance artists like Mike Candys, Swedish House Mafia, Cascada and Groove Coverage are still supported by VIVA (and as fas as I know most of them have Kontor as their label). So why not Scooter?

kelvo

Loud and JUMP!

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 12:27am

Result: #5 highest position in charts for T?

and i recall it climbed their too

@mr hyper

i guess we can never tell why scooter do what they do today, maybe its money, maybe they wanna put all the ash into the tours, bigger venues and better visuals must cost a lot, or maybe due to scooter not liking the current album so much they just dont wanna waste money on it, as we can see, a number of tracks from the album wernt played live and a few were later removed,

or worst case, they dont care anymore

all i can say is, if scooter want a to hit again, they need to promote it, my guess is, the next single from the new stuff will have loads, surely scooter want to hit the top again,
kontor could also regard scooter as "old" now and promote the currnet acts people wanna see

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 3:05am

I know iTunes isn't the best indicator but...

Dance charts:

It's A Biz (The Big Mash Up Tour 2012 Edit) - 119
It's A Biz (Album Version) - 59

I find it very interesting that the album version is doing better than the single and has managed to do so well for so long. If Scooter wanted this single to be a success, perhaps they should have slightly reworked the album version, put in a club/extended mix, and a fresh B-side (which hasn't been done in a while.)
BACK TO THE FAMILY A GUARANTEED EMERGENCY THE RADICAL MC HP'S GOT THE MELODY!

Sheffield Gang

I Keep the Spirit Alive

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 1:49pm

It's A Biz (Single version) is now #31 on FINNISH DANCE CHART! I think it's great succees for Scooter here. Last time Scooter was on charts here when "J'adore Hardcore" came out.

http://www.deejaypromo.com/charts.asp?ch…&week=14&page=4
Alright everybody!
Tie your shoes!
Yeah!
The Fifth Chapter has just begun!
:thumbsup:

Scooterjeka

Professional

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 2:16pm

It's A Biz (Single version) is now #31 on FINNISH DANCE CHART! I think it's great succees for Scooter here. Last time Scooter was on charts here when "J'adore Hardcore" came out.

http://www.deejaypromo.com/charts.asp?ch…&week=14&page=4

Nice, but Let me disagree with you, Scooter used to enter the tops of the charts so this one is not so successful. :) Anyway At least they managed to do a good entry at 31th.
Riding with me is my friend R.J.Jordan,
Knowing the rules aint part of his program,
Finding the right tune that fits the track,
Might be pretty hard cuz he's f_cked on crack!

Start the match and find the station
Reach what you can and party the nation,
A? Hey! Whatcha gonna say?
I automate the sequence and speed for my getaway
Take it to the edge, there's nowhere to hide,
And call up the crew; let's go for a joyride!

Let's go for a joyride!