You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NMR

Intermediate

• "NMR" started this thread

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 1:50am

General feeling ....

I dont post here often but having been to a few Live gigs now, most recent last week in Hamburg, it might be just me but ...

WE NEED MORE BPM IN ANY NEW TRACKS!!!

I wouldnt say the genre has gone full circle, yet, but I certainly think that it has gone from hardcore to the mid tempo, and now its on the way back.

Ive been a fan since 1994 and still get the biggest smiles and buzz from the top BPM tracks (Valentine, Hyper Hyper, etc).

I just think that as a band they have gone for as long as they have, and tried every possible music style and genre, but the time now is to go back to their roots. The industry is saturated with lame "Rnb" artists who used to get by singing and body popping, but now they are trying to cash in on the dance music scene. Throwing a few synths and a bassdrum over a "Chris Brown" or an "Usher" might get a few hands in the air on the dancefloor, but they are doing it because of the BPM, the bassdrum, the sound. Not because of them.

Its probably been said a million times, and HP, Rick, Michael etc probably dont read this forum in detail, but after going to the last concert, its clear that the crowd still LOVE the old tracks (Pusher, Endless Summer, Back In Time).

So I would say, if anyone is reading it, for the next album. Go For The BPM! In the UK, we still have Clubland HARDCORE albums going top 5 because we all still love it.

Im pretty sure that if Scooter stopped trying to conform to the current "popular genre" and just did what they have always done best, coming up to their 20 years, then it wouldnt be a flop. TBMU has flopped, chart wise and concert wise (DDE, BTI, SD just had the crowd static).. Now is the time to go back to basics, nothing to lose.

I WILL SEE YOU IN LONDON GUYS AND WILL NEVER STOP SUPPORTING YOU!! UK, AND EUROPE. But just wanted to have my say.

Now is the time to increase the BPM.. Its what the fans want, im sure!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Scooterjeka

Professional

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 12:27pm

I agree. Scooter experiment in a wrong way. They were unique, when they played hard rave styles, but after they'd sudenlly switched over to mainstream house, they became one of many house producers. Mainstream pop stupid house scene will never accept Scooter house. And that was confirmed by the lowest chart position of TBMU. Neither fans, no others like it.

They should experiment with rock, trance, hardcore putting ocasionally dubstep into the C-part, that would be nice. We need some hardcore, posse.
Riding with me is my friend R.J.Jordan,
Knowing the rules aint part of his program,
Finding the right tune that fits the track,
Might be pretty hard cuz he's f_cked on crack!

Start the match and find the station
Reach what you can and party the nation,
A? Hey! Whatcha gonna say?
I automate the sequence and speed for my getaway
Take it to the edge, there's nowhere to hide,
And call up the crew; let's go for a joyride!

Let's go for a joyride!

Sandra

20 Years of Hardcore!

Location: Northampton or Norfolk, East Anglia the place to be

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 1:25pm

You are certainly right about the crowd at Hamburg being static during the new tracks, but as long as they continue to play the old tracks they will still fill halls :)
It will be interesting to see the chart position of It's a Biz, it should do well as it was released at the start of a tour when 1000's of people saw it live and heard it, and were infected by Scooter :)
20 Years of hardcore!

Sunday, April 1st 2012, 3:39pm

I wish scooter would go back to other things than some of the new tracks - the new ideas perhaps seemed great but it loses the fans,
and after all their ages - some radio stations are opposed by age - rubbish I know
and looking at how hard it was for the guys to perform it - fans like what they used to have and it still brings on another generation - and past generations who did raves also never knew who performed the songs they loved - an ex bf once described a who load of songs he loved at raves... utter fantasic....but knew not they were scooter....
Yes some people dont like change
and the currant financial climate - people want security and a feel good factor

Scar

Moscow Posse!

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 3:09pm

We need to go back to the heavyweight jaaaaaaaaaam, aaarrgghhh!!!
ScooterPlanet.ru

Wickedpedia - many interesting facts about Scooter and their career. It's a project of scooterplanet.ru. Only Russian version available.

Scooter Planet @ Facebook

ROCHEN

caffeine addict

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 3:52pm

true story bro
#yesThisIsDawg

kelvo

Middle Fingers In The Air

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 4:35pm

i have to agree, it is so clear that the new styles just dont cut it, for me since JAOTW, scooter have lost their magical touch, in fact the whole 4th chapter,
it doest sound the same as the past, but the last 2 albums jusr see scooter ripping evering elses styles and being the same as the rest, what happended to scooter sounding different,

the other thing is, scooter need to take a long hard look at the promo, where has it gone, it is effecting their success big time,
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

Traxx

- brain not found -

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 7:06pm

The promo have been as good as non-existent since SOR.
IAB saw a return to the old, better policy, but it wasn't enough promo.

I think they need to go back to maxi singles, or at least 3-tracks with B-side - and of course massive promo - if they want their future singles to have a chance to do well.
- Bring the noise! -

kelvo

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 11:51pm

even CB had pretty good promo, live shows and the dome, but still no success

even a 2 track with the b side would be better
but scooter need the videos to be back on tv, and the promo increased, it may be a fact that scooter are not as popular today as they have been but one bomb track could change all that, also we have to also note that we moan about the german charts bad run, but scooter have failed to even enter other charts in Europe now, in places where they used to get gold so easy, now they dont even chart, is this because

1-scooter dont release in other countries now
or
2-because they dont sell enough to chart now?

i hope its not either, but i really hope its not the second

having said that, if scooter aint as popular now as they were this is what is to be expected, so all we can do is support our band the best we can

The Ejaculator

Fat Bastard

Friday, April 6th 2012, 1:24am

Totally agree with NMR, he has it bang on the money. The crowd didn't get into the new tracks at all during the 2 gigs I got to on this tour. Speaking to different people the general opinion was they didn't like the new album but were there because it was Scooter, and Scooter USED to make awesome tracks and still play them on a live set.
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.

kelvo

Friday, April 6th 2012, 4:06pm

surely scooter seen this and the next album will be the return to the heavyweight scooter sound,

can you imagine if the next album turned out to be the bomb we all wanted for years now, it will be massive
and we have already seen hints of this

recall your memory

1-after the inferno, hp annouced he was unhappy with the new album
2-also after the inferno rick mentioned a step back to the roots, as of yet we have seen nothing*
3-scooter put a online poll on facebook for the next style of the next single, old skool and trance hit it hard, along with the current hardstyle
4-we know that scooter said after CB they will work on the new album, we herd nothing for a while but right now its the tour
5-*during TBMU tour scooter hit the fans with a colourful mix of their music, including a re edit of the classic back in time, maybe due to the poll coming out the way it did scooter decided to do a trance version of a classic hardcore track, the tour also seen see your smile played, a old skool track in hardstyle, whic hp said on the dvd from UTROTT was a track for the fans who always wanted hardore track,

i can see that scooter are maybe heading this way once more, with the record breaking flop of the last few hits and TBMU, scooter will surley want to come back to the top, and i think a step into trance and the old skool style as the poll has showed could be a good start to see a return of many fans

Traxx

- brain not found -

Friday, April 6th 2012, 7:24pm

Many good points, I hope they step back into trance and oldskool and manage to make a bomb of an album.
- Bring the noise! -

kelvo

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 12:59am

as do we all