You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Imre -SP-

aka. DJ Flatline

• "Imre -SP-" started this thread

Monday, November 19th 2007, 8:42am

Just another opinion

There it is. Even if I tried to be objective about the jumpstyle topic, even if I tried to take whatever they put in my mouth, I just can't do it anymore. If it tastes horrible, I spit it out, that's it. After about 4 or 5 disappointing tracks, this time I have to cry out loud:

WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Jumpstyle. What's that for? I can't even call it a music style. It's pathetic and primitive down to the bone. It has nothing to do with the _real_ jumpstyle, it's just a cheesy club-style mixed with the overdriven kicks with no counter-bassline. Take one HPV vocal, some claps and you're done. Each track on JAOTW can be done in no more than 20 channels. Earlier album tracks took almost 50 (or more). This sound has it's grave dug, why bother with it. OK, I understand it's easy to make cr4p from scratch 'cause the idiots will eat it anyway. If there's no demand for quality, why would they want to make quality? Makes sense unfortunately.

Before you would misunderstand me: I do _not_ blame Scooter. I blame the german music industry and the management. Germans are satisfied with this cheap sound, so Scooter makes it for them. In the past, Scooter made music for the World, now they only focus on Germany. Why? Well, try to answer the questions yourself (especially the freaks).
Look where does the "I buy anything with Scooter printed on it" attitude leads. The band has no motivation, 'cause most of the idiots buy it anyway. It's fair enough to focus on german clubs, 'cause the freaks abroad will also buy it for sure. Once I was some kind of that too, but I guess I just grew it out.

I suppose that now I'm going to be bashed by some people who are about 16yo, have been listening to Scooter for about 3 years, and the only sentence they know is "I agree with you Sandra". But I don't care. In fact, I agree to close the topic if necessary, I just wanted to say my opinions. I know there are a lot topics with flames and criticism, therefore I say sorry for opening another one just to complain.

Oh, and before you wanna post something about "jumpstyle is good because I LOVE IT", ask yourself a question: "Do I produce music myself?" - if the answer is 'no', don't bother with the flame. You'll be ignored. I know what it takes to make jumpstyle and believe me, each of those tracks can be arranged in about one day.

That would conclude today's entertainment. Comments welcome but not necessary.
I'm much nicer in real life.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Monday, November 19th 2007, 8:52am

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:05am

Imre -SP-

aka. DJ Flatline

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:08am

pff :lol:
Guess that's why I won't ever leave this forum :P

Anonymous

Unregistered

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:11am

JUMPSTYLE HURTS ME..

Anonymous

Unregistered

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:13am

Quoted from ""Imre -SP-""

pff :lol:
Guess that's why I won't ever leave this forum :P

I was going to say something clever, since you took the time to write all that, but I've heard a picture says more than a thousand words.

Rotty

Unregistered

Monday, November 19th 2007, 9:24am

Re: Just another opinion

"jumpstyle is good because I LOVE IT"

the most didn't know jumpstyle before scooter did it. The most here only loves Jumpstyle, because Scooter made some tracks. When Scooter would have not made tracks in that style, believe me, most would say, that Jumpstyle is bad... :P

Imre -SP-

aka. DJ Flatline

Monday, November 19th 2007, 10:23am

Rotty: I know, but unfortunately some german artists/clubs think that they invented jumpstyle, however it was already up and going in 2004... I don't expect those who have never heard jumpstyle before to understand it.

FinnRaver

Professional

Monday, November 19th 2007, 11:36am

...Scooter made music for the World, now they only focus on Germany...

I agree with that. No one listens jumpstyle in Finland and electronc music scenes are really small in here. And only way to get this new album into charts is that they'll promote it in big radio channels. Like in Voice and NRJ (Two popular commercial music radios in Finland).

Monday, November 19th 2007, 3:43pm

There it is. Even if I tried to be objective about the jumpstyle topic, even if I tried to take whatever they put in my mouth, I just can't do it anymore. If it tastes horrible, I spit it out, that's it. After about 4 or 5 disappointing tracks, this time I have to cry out loud:

WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Jumpstyle. What's that for? I can't even call it a music style. It's pathetic and primitive down to the bone. It has nothing to do with the _real_ jumpstyle, it's just a cheesy club-style mixed with the overdriven kicks with no counter-bassline. Take one HPV vocal, some claps and you're done. Each track on JAOTW can be done in no more than 20 channels. Earlier album tracks took almost 50 (or more). This sound has it's grave dug, why bother with it. OK, I understand it's easy to make cr4p from scratch 'cause the idiots will eat it anyway. If there's no demand for quality, why would they want to make quality? Makes sense unfortunately.

Before you would misunderstand me: I do _not_ blame Scooter. I blame the german music industry and the management. Germans are satisfied with this cheap sound, so Scooter makes it for them. In the past, Scooter made music for the World, now they only focus on Germany. Why? Well, try to answer the questions yourself (especially the freaks).
Look where does the "I buy anything with Scooter printed on it" attitude leads. The band has no motivation, 'cause most of the idiots buy it anyway. It's fair enough to focus on german clubs, 'cause the freaks abroad will also buy it for sure. Once I was some kind of that too, but I guess I just grew it out.

I suppose that now I'm going to be bashed by some people who are about 16yo, have been listening to Scooter for about 3 years, and the only sentence they know is "I agree with you Sandra". But I don't care. In fact, I agree to close the topic if necessary, I just wanted to say my opinions. I know there are a lot topics with flames and criticism, therefore I say sorry for opening another one just to complain.

Oh, and before you wanna post something about "jumpstyle is good because I LOVE IT", ask yourself a question: "Do I produce music myself?" - if the answer is 'no', don't bother with the flame. You'll be ignored. I know what it takes to make jumpstyle and believe me, each of those tracks can be arranged in about one day.

Well, you have just proved to me with a few sentences how immature you are. Since when do you have to produce music yourself to classify a music you like as good? That is just childish Imre. Sure it can take about one day to produce those tracks, does that make it any less good? Think about these things before you say crap like that. :P

How Much Is The Fish?!?

Rough and direct!

Monday, November 19th 2007, 3:50pm

WHAT'S GOING ON?!

Some wise words here, keep it up!
Slipping sideways, silver stars collide
And fade away just like our love that died
And there is nowhere in this universe to hide
From you tonight...

Above & Beyond - Alone Tonight

Anonymous

Unregistered

Monday, November 19th 2007, 3:52pm

Why the fuck do you have to quote his entire post just to add a few lines?
In every topic, the quoting takes up more space than the actually posts.

Quoted from ""scooterusa""

Sure it can take about one day to produce those tracks, does that make it any less good?

You've got a point there.
Black Sabbath wrote and recorded Paranoid in less than an hour, because they needed a title-track.

Imre -SP-

aka. DJ Flatline

Monday, November 19th 2007, 4:08pm

Quoted from ""scooterusa""

Well, you have just proved to me with a few sentences how immature you are. Since when do you have to produce music yourself to classify a music you like as good? That is just childish Imre. Sure it can take about one day to produce those tracks, does that make it any less good? Think about these things before you say c##p like that. :P

You know, there are quite a few jumpstyle tracks I like.
OK, of course I get your point, but look around. Many newcomers state that Scooter are jumpstyle kings, and they do it well. No, they don't! If you remember, when I heard And No Matches, I said I like it. I still say the same, cause it's a good track in it's sound. But the technique lacks the skill. And the new samples proved me that they don't know how to make classy jumpstyle. I just don't want to hear the same grooves in almost all tracks. It would be a lot better if they MADE trends instead of following them.

Sandra

20 Years of Hardcore!

Location: Northampton or Norfolk, East Anglia the place to be

Monday, November 19th 2007, 4:15pm

I'm not going to argue with you Imre - you are as entitled to an opinion as anyone else :)

.....but I do think those who don't produce music and just listen to music for pleasure have as much right to opinions as anyone else. I am really not interested in how long it takes to make a track - I guess some outstanding music is made in a very short time, and some abosolute crap is worked on for months. :)

I just listen and enjoy music - and I don't listen to music I don't like :)
20 Years of hardcore!

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Monday, November 19th 2007, 5:21pm

Quoted from ""Sandra""

I am really not interested in how long it takes to make a track - I guess some outstanding music is made in a very short time, and some abosolute c##p is worked on for months.

Indeed, it's just like with creating buildings, sometimes you have the idea in an hour and it's a great project, or you think about it for weeks and you get a not so good project. Creating something good doesn't necessary mean that it has to take much time, sometimes you have a good idea at once and a superhit is created. That's the art of creating, and I know what that means because I've studied Architecture and had therefor to create much buildings :wink:
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

Intermediate

Monday, November 19th 2007, 6:07pm

Well said Imre! Agree 100 percent

Imre -SP-

aka. DJ Flatline

Monday, November 19th 2007, 6:59pm

Well, I hope you know I don't want to start fighting. As you probably noticed in the past 5 years (wow, time flies!), I was always against arguing.
I know that those who have nothing to do with music producing say that it's good, but there's nothing wrong about "Expecting more from Ratty" ;)

Steve C

who needs vocals

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 1:06am

Orbital's 'Chime' cost 1 to make and was mastered directly onto tape.
Alex Reece's 'Feel the Sunshine' was produced using only an old keyboard.
Paul Johnson's 'Get Get Down' took 15 minutes to write.

All classics.

ABTGO used fewer resources than the other albums and was good.
OHH came out a few months after ATBGO and was good.
TSTE came 1 years after WBTN and was cheap/tacky.
TUAO came 1 years after WGTLLN and was also cheap/tacky.

So no real correlation between time, cost or resources really.
We started in 1994....in 2014 we're still on the case!!!

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 7:57am

Quoted from ""Steve C""

Orbital's 'Chime' cost 1 to make and was mastered directly onto tape.
Alex Reece's 'Feel the Sunshine' was produced using only an old keyboard.
Paul Johnson's 'Get Get Down' took 15 minutes to write.

All classics.

ABTGO used fewer resources than the other albums and was good.
OHH came out a few months after ATBGO and was good.
TSTE came 1 years after WBTN and was cheap/tacky.
TUAO came 1 years after WGTLLN and was also cheap/tacky.

So no real correlation between time, cost or resources really.

TSTE was the opposite of cheap/tacky IMO. It was well produced and overall a fantastic album. With TUAO I would agree however.

Thursday, November 22nd 2007, 8:56pm

I can't agree more. I hate to be one of those "it was better before"-guys but JAOTW really feels like they took a wrong turn somewhere. Scooter is really special to me, I bought everything from "And the beat goes on" and forward until the one before this came out and I just couldn't listen to it. I'm really disappointed because I know what scooter can do.

I listened to the previews of "Jumping all over the world" one by one and I just thought "wow there must come ONE track I'll like". The last few years I've been hoping on track 12 or 13. There's always been an awesome instrumental track in the last two tracks and I couldn't wait to hear this one. And it wasn't there! Just a short outro.. that was like a slap in the face.

Well I guess I don't like jumpstyle and they decided to make jumpstyle tracks this time. Here's hoping for another twist in the right direction for the next album!

Just to show I don't hate scooter, here's a favourite track list:
Trip to nowhere
No release
Soultrain
Cubic
Mesmerized
Time and space
The chaser
Stripped
Down to the bone
Trance-atlantic
Never slow down

These are awesomely produced and some of the best tracks I've ever heard. Get back on track! Not necessarily back in time :)

btw, Imre love your sign. :D