You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 6th 2010, 7:34pm

So little chart success outside germany?

I may be wrong but it seems nowadays scooter only chart well in germany. Where as they used to chart in many other countries e.g. switzerland, finland, denmark etc. I doesn't seem to make much sense as they have gigs all over but don't seem to chart well if at all in most of the countries. Does anyone know why that is?

Scar

Moscow Posse!

Friday, August 6th 2010, 7:55pm

Scooter is charting very good in the UK nowadays and I think this fact is much more uplifting for their career, than success in many other countries. But if you'll ask me, I'll prefer Scooter to be at the top of the charts in such countries as Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Croatia and Hungary. Because when Scooter had the best power and crazy style, they was at the top charts of these countries. So if Scooter will be #1 at this countries again, it may mean, that they've got their influence and true music power back again. I don't mean, that UTROTT (for example) is bad, it's GOOD. But for me, as for an old raver, old is gold.
ScooterPlanet.ru

Wickedpedia - many interesting facts about Scooter and their career. It's a project of scooterplanet.ru. Only Russian version available.

Scooter Planet @ Facebook

Almanac

Junglist Soldier

Friday, August 6th 2010, 7:55pm

Scooter is German, simple as that, I think. It would really take promotion all over the world for them to really significantly chart elsewhere ;)
www.facebook.com/mraudity

Friday, August 6th 2010, 8:01pm

what i was meaning was when they were realising songs such as maria, the night, weekend and even earlier than that with back in the uk, endless summer etc they were charting in loads of countries; now they only chart in a few - maybe that is a sign to go back to their original 'happy hardcore' style?

Almanac

Junglist Soldier

Friday, August 6th 2010, 8:02pm

I think that the happy hardcore is best left with the 90's where it started and ended. :) I think Scooter just evolves, and its truly great fun to watch :D 8)
www.facebook.com/mraudity

Friday, August 6th 2010, 8:06pm

i think whatever scooter do it will be great - i was just thinking of what they would have to do to get more chart success; but i suppose chart success isn't really all that matters its the quality of music they produce. really most music thats in the charts now is completly s.h.i.t.

May<3

Unregistered

Friday, August 6th 2010, 8:58pm

The last two singles appear to be the only two that haven't managed to attain a decent chart position or little or any recognition outside of Germany. Both J'adore Hardcore and Ti Sento made a valuable impression in Hungary, Finland and Russia. And who can forget the momentum that JAOTW created with its acquisition of platinum status here in the UK just two years ago. So, based on that, I'd say UTROTT is just an anomaly; an album that unfortunately hasn't gotten the kind of attention it deserves. This includes the two previous singles which have done pretty poorly.

But you're right. Compared to the number of countries they were successful with with tracks like Ramp: The Logical Song and Nessaja, Scooter don't appear to be as ambitious as they used to be. However, that's not to say everyone's stopped taking notice. Perhaps Scooter are just rabidly losing the respect that they used to have.

Could be a sign that they're on their way to the abyss.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "May<3" (Aug 6th 2010, 9:04pm)

aganim

tremble with terror

Friday, August 6th 2010, 10:20pm

Scooter just haven't had a hit single for a long time...
J'adore Hardcore and Ti Sento were good, but they were just normal potentional top ten singles. The last single that could have been a massive hit was The Question, but it only became a success in germany and austria.
T5C: A NEW ERA BEGINS

Friday, August 6th 2010, 10:37pm

Maybe in other countries its like what it is is the uk normally (with the exception of JAOTW) that is a lot of people like scooter's music; they watch it on music channels, go to clubland live, listen to it but don't download the singles. Although everyone I know, has heard of Scooter and they all like at least one of their songs. Also basically everyone at my school still has jumping all over the world (the album) on their phones.

kelvo

I Reach My Fate At The Gates, God Says Shotta You Was Great

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 12:39am

i did recently notice this it seems scooter are kinda fading outside germany, this could be due to the last few years of downloads and less cd singles, i think this has made a major change in music these days, also it could well be trend based, dance just isnt that popular these days, its like olsd skool now, every one likes rnb tobay, expecally here in the uk, it does my head in.
also i do think the whole jump comersial scene may have effected this too, although it has brought scooter much success, but only in certain countrys,
and i believe the main reason scooter got popular in the uk again was mainly the whole debut of clubland tv and the tour, i fear scooter would have never returned to the uk if this never happened, all of scooters recent single apart from and no matches were released in the uk, and they either charted badly or never even entered the top 100.

here is a list of scooters chart success around the world, you can see the popular eres
[edit] Studio albums
Year Album details Peak chart positions
GER
[3] AUT
[4] FIN
[5] NL
[6] NOR
[7] SWE
[8] SWI
[9] UK
[10]
1995 ...and the Beat Goes On!
Released: 3 March 1995
Label: Club Tools
Formats: CD, Cassette
25 27 — 31 18 — 29 131
1996 Our Happy Hardcore
Released: 28 March 1996
17 16 8 54 — 31 9 24
Wicked!
Released: 24 October 1996
22 30 5 — — 33 38 76
1997 Age of Love
Released: 25 August 1997
19 32 4 — 35 26 35 —
1998 No Time to Chill
Released: 20 July 1998
4 27 1 — 28 16 20 —
1999 Back to the Heavyweight Jam
Released: 27 September 1999
7 — 3 — 35 5 25 —
2000 Sheffield
Released: 20 July 2000
Label: Sheffield Tunes
11 49 9 — — 15 60 —
2001 We Bring the Noise!
Released: 11 June 2001
15 32 8 — 12 17 74 —
2003 The Stadium Techno Experience
Released: 31 March 2003
7 14 12 28 3 4 35 20
2004 Mind the Gap
Released: 8 November 2004
16 34 — 83 — 44 67 —
2005 Who's Got the Last Laugh Now?
Released: 4 November 2005
14 31 — — 30 — 44 —
2007 The Ultimate Aural Orgasm
Released: 9 February 2007
6 17 25 — — 30 66 —
Jumping All Over the World
Released: 30 November 2007
9 18 — — — — 65 1
2009 Under the Radar Over the Top
Released: 2 October 2009
2 15 — — — — 51 62
"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released.

[edit] Compilation albums
GER
[3] AUT
[4] FIN
[5] NOR
[7] SWE
[8] SWI
[9] UK
[10]
1998 Rough and Tough and Dangerous – The Singles 94/98
Released: 19 January 1998
36 47 2 12 18 — —
2002 Push the Beat for this Jam (The Singles 98–02)
Released: 7 January 2002
5 10 29 1 2 42 6
24 Carat Gold
Released: 4 November 2002
49 — — — — 94 —

[edit] Live albums
GER
[3] AUT
[4] NL
[6] NOR
[7] SWE
[8] SWI
[9]
2002 Encore: Live and Direct 13 25 99 6 53 71
2004 Live: Selected Songs of the 10th Anniversary Concert at Docks, Hamburg — — — — — —
2006 Excess All Areas 29 64 — — — —
2010 Live in Hamburg 14 - — — — —

[edit] Singles
Year Single Peak chart positions Album
GER
[11] AUT
[4] BEL
[12] DEN
[13] FIN
[5] IRE
[14] NL
[6] SWE
[8] SWI
[9] UK
[10]
1994 Vallée de Larmes 1 — — — — — — — — — —
Hyper Hyper 2 2 43 — — 23 7 26 3 — ...and the Beat Goes On!
1995 Move Your Ass! 3 3 16 — — 15 2 5 10 3 23 2
Friends 3 15 — — — 38 — 15
Endless Summer 5 18 — — 13 36 — 11
Back in the U.K. 4 8 — — 17 17 29 39 6 18 Our Happy Hardcore
1996 Let Me Be Your Valentine 14 9 — — — 19 — — 23 —
Rebel Yell 8 7 — — 8 23 — 42 17 30
I'm Raving 4 4 — — 2 19 44 37 13 33 Wicked!
Break It Up 15 18 — — 13 — — — 44 92
1997 Fire 5 5 — — 1 28 — 7 11 45 Age of Love
The Age of Love 14 21 — — 1 — — 20 21 76
No Fate 39 36 — — 2 — — 35 — — Rough And Tough And Dangerous (The Singles 94/98)
1998 How Much Is the Fish? 3 9 1 — 2 — 21 23 13 — No Time To Chill
We Are The Greatest/I Was Made For Lovin' You 26 36 50 — — — 98 45 — —
1999 Call Me Mañana 16 24 10 — 7 — — 6 25 —
Faster Harder Scooter 7 24 17 — 2 — — 3 20 — Back To The Heavyweight Jam
F**k the Millennium 11 15 2 — 4 — — 3 61 —
2000 I'm Your Pusher 17 33 — — 19 — — 27 74 — Sheffield
She's the Sun 41 — — — — — — — — —
2001 Posse (I Need You on the Floor) 7 7 44 15 20 23 65 16 43 15 We Bring The Noise!
Aiii Shot the DJ 29 22 — — 16 — — 37 98 —
Ramp! (The Logical Song) 7 1 — 10 11 1 — 8 14 2 Push the Beat for this Jam (The Singles 98-02)
Habanera 3 — — — — — — — — — —
2002 Nessaja 1 2 16 5 7 7 9 21 7 4 Encore: Live And Direct
2003 Weekend! 2 4 35 4 7 14 7 9 33 12 The Stadium Techno Experience
The Night 10 12 50 15 14 30 26 14 34 16
Maria (I Like It Loud) 4 1 38 12 — 23 16 21 21 16
Jigga Jigga! 10 9 — 17 12 34 50 24 45 48 Mind The Gap
2004 Shake That! 8 12 41 10 9 — 24 12 38 —
One (Always Hardcore) 7 5 41 18 9 — 10 60 30 —
2005 Suavemente 22 27 25 10 — — 18 58 39 —
Hello! (Good to Be Back) 14 23 48 — 3 — 43 — 36 — Who's Got The Last Laugh Now?
Apache Rocks the Bottom! 24 23 — 5 2 — 79 47 54 —
2007 Behind the Cow 17 22 — — 3 — 54 59 78 — The Ultimate Aural Orgasm
Lass Uns Tanzen 19 41 — — 10 — — — — —
Stripped 4 — — — — — — — — — — Mind The Gap
The Question Is What Is the Question? 5 2 — — 4 18 42 — 83 49 Jumping All Over the World
And No Matches 9 20 — — — — 62 — — —
2008 Jumping All Over the World 15 23 — — — 10 — — — 28
I'm Lonely 8 20 — — — — — — — —
Jump That Rock (Whatever You Want) 11 19 — — — — 91 — 79 57
2009 J'adore Hardcore 12 16 — — — — — — 90 — Under the Radar Over the Top
Ti Sento 10 27 — — — — — — 45 —
The Sound above My Hair 38 74 — — — — — — — —
2010 Stuck on Replay 34 58 — — — — — — — —

its a bit hard to read, but go on scooter wikipedia or sheefieldtunes.tk for a more precis look
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

May<3

Unregistered

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 12:58am

Ugh, I feel like rambling a little. (Probably nonsensical gibberish).

Exploring Scooter's discography and chronicling their incredible accomplishments throughout the years, UTROTT appears to have performed the worst out of them all. It's plausible that the decisions they made in the production of that album blew a huge level of content and doubt into their formally fairly respectable reputation. I know it managed to reach #2 in Germany, but it certainly never really ventured outside of it. Its UK position was an utter embarrassment, especially considering JAOTW was hardly that difficult to top in regards to quality. So whether or not word spread around the music industry about their reckless sampling thing or the last album reminded people of how bizarre they are, I don't know either way what's contributing to this rapid decline in acknowledgement in other areas. But I do know that something is seriously wrong.

I think I agree with some on here that Scooter are slowly fading away, and the chance of a revival is diminishing considerably. Being on the fringe of the mainstream, they've got to make a few important decisions as to which direction to follow next. Generating a greater level of popularity will require alot of sacrifice, and no doubt piss off people here who feel they're selling out. If they want the level of recognition that they had in say the third chapter, they've got to incorporate alot of changes. Just don't ask me what they are....

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ® ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 1:41am

It seems indeed that Scooter internationally are fading away a bit, and luckily in Germany still remain "steady" in the charts. Although the succes of the last singles + the succes of the live album (not including the DVD ofcourse, which was a big chart hit) was very little in Germany. So Scooter will have a hard task to climb on top again I'm afraid. They need some track like Maria or Always Hardcore or Question, to get them back into the picture. So they need a superhit again...... and I suppose they themselves know the same....but it's not easy to accomplish that nowedays in the scene Scooter are operating in.....but they can do it, let's just hope what they make will get some extra people addicted to them again ;)
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 3:02am

Scooter is charting very good in the UK nowadays

are you serious??? 2008 was the last time they were in the charts

Saturday, August 7th 2010, 3:38pm

I think their will be another single this year maybe november but album next year. What Scooter need is another massive chart success like ramp or nessaja. Maybe a collaboration with someone would help.... but who?

kelvo

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 1:45am

in terms of collobrations, both JTR and BTC mainly flopped and wernt as big as expected, i think this is due to the unuesal nature, if scooter were to work with a popular modern dance act like for eg, darren styles, cascada, i could see it going well,

and the uk chart has really flopped, all the last 4 singles were released, neither charted, and the album didnt do much better,

i think scooter may have to leave the experiments for a while and concertrate on wha thtey are better at, like trance, the 3rd chapter was a very successful one whit a line of top ten hits, and not just in germany, i think scooter need another album like TSTE, but it cant be the same (JAOTYW, UTROTT),
it needs freshness but the same element

May<3

Unregistered

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:02am

Quoted

in terms of collobrations, both JTR and BTC mainly flopped and wernt as big as expected, i think this is due to the unuesal nature, if scooter were to work with a popular modern dance act like for eg, darren styles, cascada, i could see it going well,
Possibly, but If they want to start charting more impressively again in areas outside of Germany, I actually think it'd be ill-advised to collaborate with a dance name. While it'd be received well in the dance scene, it wouldn't so much be acceptable to the wider network of music listeners out there. Michael had the right idea when he wanted to include a rapper into one of their singles, as it's surprisingly a pretty popular genre of music in the US and around the world (I say surprising because it's absolutely dreadful! :P ). Anyways, I just think they'd be better of collaborating with someone that's ridiculously popular at the moment in the music industry. ...... Adam Young...... Hehe.

But I'm in total agreement about perhaps acquiring and harnessing their inspiration for their next album from TSTE. That album is so fine....:D Provided that it doesn't end up being a replica, and as long as it maintains the same rivetingly and invigoratingly energizing quality of TSTE whilst boasting a clear distinctive sense of individuality, I'm all game!

kelvo

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:22am

yeah, we will see what they do,
alternativly scooter could also avoid a collad as they aint gone so well

but i think we should all remember one thing
scooter had a fantastic run with JAOTW-i wont detail it, we all know
but UTROTT was pretty much a dissaster, everything went wrong for scooter, they tried to follow JAOTW and failed, however the weeks in german charts were pretty much upto scooter staderd,
i do think scooter know what went wrong, so hopfully scooter can get there groove back with there next album
also i think if they do decide to trend follow, it will be a gamble it will succedd or fail, and scooter cant really afford to fail for a second time, JAOTW was succesful, but only to a point, it was way of the scales compared to TSTE, PTBFTJ, although chart posstions were good, they still kinda fell short, TQIWITQ was the only real hit there and was the best they had since one IMO, JAOTW single was popular but didnt break any boundries, the album itself did do really well.
unfortantly UTROTT, although better IMO and many of us, did the complete oposite, only the no 2 in germany was good and ti sento making top 10, but both fell fast,
and if it wernt for the late promo TSAMH would have left the charts after 4 weeks, same goes to SOR, but both had top 20 potential if they were released at the right time

infact the whole UTROTT could have been a little better if timed right, all the promo was there but the releases were wrong
i cant really explain how LIH flooped, only the fact it was live would have made it do that, again was promo to blame, or the lack of features on the whole package

i guess we will see what happens when scooter release there next album,

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ® ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 10:22am

Well, as for "Live In Hamburg" there's wasn't much promo on TV etc....but in big German CD stores they had big piles of it, of like 50 pieces, so the shops did bought it. It seems people prefered the DVD this time, because of the little price difference between the CD and the DVD ;) But still, I thought the CD would do far better....well, probably the amount of cut tracks was also one further reason for the limited popularity of the CD ;)
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D

Xer

Master

Monday, August 9th 2010, 11:52am

I think UTROTT's biggest problem was the timing of the releases-among them the proximity to holidays when people discover the pop culture more than ever and prefer to buy their families/hosts something from mainstream "holidays editions".

The other problem was the proximity of big names releasing their new albums about the same time-it is not that big of a problem nowadays to get the heads up about who's going to chart with you when you release your material. They could've release after the big (names) bang would settle down a bit and the charts would be more "quite"-and then Scooter would've "awaken" the charts-it would've given a better effect IMHO.

As a long time fan-I don't remember myself complaining so much about the releases as I was with UTROTT,not to mention how much I disliked TSAMH with the same setup of bagpipes etc... which people maybe thought-once again same old Scooter-nothing new...

As for Live Hamburg the DVD did rather well-but once again 2 releases,one after the other with almost same content such as almost same tracklist as Live in Berlin 2008,same all the videos,etc..

People do get fed up with same content-if fans get fed up with it-even more so as for the non-fans.

All in all Scooter should listen more to the fans if they want to be back in the saddle again.
TURN UP THE BLASTER,
AND HEAR THE SHOUTS OF BAXXTER

Alex_Serbia

Intermediate

Monday, August 9th 2010, 12:07pm

Scooter don't chart here, in Serbia, but in this country, people either love or hate Scooter (as far as I concluded). There are no reserved feelings about the band. How about in other countries (Russia, Netherlands, wherever you guys come from)??? Is it the same case??? :P

P.S. I think I'm the rare one in Serbia to know all of their songs. Don't get me wrong, Scooter is well known here, but mostly no one can tell you specifics, like titles of their albums, or which album came the latest, or chart positioning in Germany. I know all of that, and I think I'm the most acknowledged fan of Scooter in Serbia :D 8) :thumbsup: