You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ROCHEN

caffeine addict

• "ROCHEN" started this thread

Friday, November 12th 2010, 10:47pm

application field of fruity compressor?!

as far as i understood, a compressor increases the volume of a sound if it reaches a certain treshold,
but in which situations exactly one have to use a compressor?

i DO NOT mean sidechain compression (i know how to do it, peak controller 'n stuff)!!

would be nice if someone could explain to me the raison d'Ítre of a compressor!

thanks in advance
#yesThisIsDawg

The KLF

Unregistered

Friday, November 12th 2010, 11:10pm

Compressors compress the sound.

ROCHEN

caffeine addict

Saturday, November 13th 2010, 1:47am

:rolleyes: .....................
#yesThisIsDawg

Ramland

Unregistered

Saturday, November 13th 2010, 4:14pm

it also decreases the volume over the treshold you set by the amount of the ratio. 4:1 means for every 4 compressed dB there will 1dB go over the treshold (or something like that). attack sets the time, when the compressor starts, release is the time it will do its work. attack on 20ms and release on 200ms means it starts 20ms after the first input, for 200ms. u can use this for everything, most common use is on the kickdrum, the bassline and lead sounds. you can slightly compress pads or other sounds aswell (the Soundgoodizer also compresses e.g. and I like to use it on nearly everything). I would say, it is just a tool for designing sounds and for getting the most amount of loudness out of every important sound in a song.

this is my way to describe it, dunno if it is all right, check out the (maybe better) video tutorial over here (even in german ;D) http://www.delamar.de/video-workshops/mu…ompressor-3085/
here is an english one, but without video: http://www.audiocourses.com/article114.html

greetings,
Ramland

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ramland" (Nov 13th 2010, 4:20pm)

ROCHEN

caffeine addict

Saturday, November 13th 2010, 5:48pm

thanx!
thats what i wanted 2 know..
#yesThisIsDawg