You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Maddy

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 9:22pm

Only around 220 people suscribed into the Fanrank, this is NOT a lot.

NO The concept isn't good at all !!!! You need to post bollocks and spam to gain points... what ?
Are Scooter taking their fans into consideration anymore ?
Will they have already judged the winner as stupid headspammer fanatic when they'll meet him/her ?
What the hell in their heads was going on to come up with such a POOR app with no power in Admin pannel over this all ?

If they take it into consideration (I mean the contest NOT us), then I'll be bitter at them, and they should deserve a smack on their face. Sorry to say that but really...

ARE they looking for free promotion ? (yes) and what about insults ? (no)

Sandra

I used to be a raver with neon coloured hair!

• "Sandra" started this thread

Location: Northampton or Norfolk, East Anglia the place to be

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 9:27pm

Are Scooter taking their fans into consideration anymore ?

It makes me very sad to answer that I feel not :( and I hope that when they meet the winner they do know what he / she posted to gain the prize

Also just had a look at people subscribed, I don't think many of them are actively engaged - I mean I am number 33, and have not posted anything for this contest, that position is just on normal and previous posts (except for about 15 points yesterday during our experiment with a different fanrank that earned me unintentional points on the Scooter Official contest!! ), I would guess 20 or less are actively engaged
20 Years of hardcore!

kelvo

One Love, Two Mouths, One Love, One House

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 11:26pm

it would have been better if you had to awnser questions about scooter and the career, and some really tough ones to,
that would make more sense,

as we know a lot of fans here know a fear bit about them, this to me would be more better

even a question like how many shows have you been to, or who got all the albums and singles,

then the fan who has seen the most or has the most would be a more suitable no#1 fan

from what i seen of this fanrank rubbish, it seems like pointless facebook fun,
i for one hate facebook,
TO THE EAST TO THE WEST TO THE NORTH TO THE SOUTH

The Ejaculator

Fat Bastard

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 12:07am

Makes me laugh that everybody is getting so wound up about this. Get a life would be my suggestion and I'm not even one of those spamming with scooter,,,,, scooter 123456 and bol.locks like that. It's just a throwaway idea from some bright spark in marketing that involves little or no input from the band.

Yes, the quiz thing is a good idea in some aspects, but that rules out the vast majority of fans as not all of us study the band and have no interest in what Michael or Rick's inside leg measurements are. Anybody who likes the band can win it if they put their mind and dedication to it which in some respects I think is fairer. By all means have a Scooter pub quiz to find the megafan but notice that it's only the people who could write an encyclopedia of the band are calling for this? The top 3 in the spamw.ank contest are 3 people that have never met the band and are doing their best to make a dream reality. What's the issue? It's been noted that friends are not being made and to be honest, I'm not here to be part of a popularity contest.

If you don't like the contest don't take part and remove the app. It's quite simple really. Yet we have some people complaining about it everywhere yet still spam over 200 variations of key words through the app each day. Not sure if this is me just being cynical but kind of negates what is being said elsewhere...

It's like the t-shirt contest, I have the artistic skill of a rabid Guinea Pig, on heat, Yet did you hear me complaining about that? No, I just got on with my life, because I have one. Anyway, that's my view, which forums are all about after all.
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.

Sandra

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 12:24am

i guess we will never agree on this one - because i feel that someone who posted some of those comments (drunk or not) should not be rewarded - i and hope the band are very well aware of some of them (which i guess they are as there are a sample posted on Scooter official) - maybe I am over sensative - but i would not dream of saything those things to someone i really didn't like, let alone someone i want to meet.

The guy in position number 2 seems to have got there without resorting to that sort of thing though. I agree it would be good if someone who has not met them before wins, i said that from the start - and while I have quite strong feelings about the whole competition and using an incomplete beta version of the software that's another issue. I am sure that a lot of what you posted was certainly not what the organisers had in mind at the start of this and like it or not a lot of fans have also read some of the comments. If it hadn't been for that I would have been very happy for you if you had won, as I would for any of the others, its great to get the chance to meet the guys, especially if its long ben a dream or ambition.

I guess i am getting wound up because I have a lot of respect for the guys :), and i do hope you are right that they did not have much input to this, or were not aware of the work still to be done on the app

...and of course you can express your views here, I might not like what you do but I wont delete your comments here because I don't like it, so don't worry about that
You are quite free to express you views here as long as you don't insult band on a personal level (as opposed to making a constructive comment about what they do) or attack another fan on a personal level
20 Years of hardcore!

Traxx

- brain not found -

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 1:39am

I don't see why people need to "get a life" because they are brought up over this.
The Fanrank is a good idea, it's just poorly executed, the way it allows spamming idiots to become the #1 ranked fan.
" Brilliant! ...I have absolutely no idea what's going on... "

Sandra

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:27am

Yes, the fanrank app has key stuff not implemented yet so there is virtually no control, when that's in place it might be better,
Personally I think it is also an insult to the 100s of loyal fans who have actively supported Scooter over the years - ignore these people, or ask them to spam to prove something.
There are not many taking place either, I am in position 30, and I haven't made more than 20 posts, most of which I deleted almost as soon as I made them when I was playing about looking at the app, and until yesterday I had never tweeted in my life, so my score is very low. It's caused fans block each other on Facebook, and arguments between fans who otherwise would have enjoyed each others company at a concert, had a few drinks together and generally had fun, now there is some real bad feeling, I personally hope I never meet anyone who calls me a bitc.h troll in the name of this competition.
You might say it's just for fun, but without the controls in the app it could do a lot for harm than good
20 Years of hardcore!

Imre -SP-

aka. DJ Flatline

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:52am

The Fanrank is a good idea, it's just poorly executed

Posting bullcr4p so you can believe that you're the biggest fan? Just 'cause a few kilobytes of computer code said so? No, it's not a good idea!
Let the fan community (or the band themselves!) decide, who's the biggest fan, not a stupid Facebook app.

Sandra

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 9:30pm

Looks like the app is very new and in development - the beta was only launched 2 and half weeks ago, looks like they are going to try to reduce the spam in the futire:

And of course, as with any high visibility product involving high stakes (a trip to Ibiza, a chance to meet your favorite artist…) we’ve also seen our share of criticism and we’ve taken your feedback to heart. We’re going to be releasing key product updates in the coming weeks to make Fanrank the best possible experience for everyone involved:

Anti-spam: We’re already heavily discouraging spam by barely rewarding messages with no comments/likes or retweets, but still some of you have been tweeting non-stop to get your points up while others have seen their twitter feed inundated with repetitive messages.

Well this is all about to stop. Soon fans will only be able to earn points for tweeting and posting keywords once every 6 hours. This means each keyword can only be used once on facebook and once on twitter every 6 hours. Sure you can still talk about your favorite artists all you want, we just want you to keep it relevant ;-)

That should cut down on some of the cr.ap - but I guess those who have been able to tweet endlessly before this change comes will have an untouchable lead
20 Years of hardcore!

Traxx

- brain not found -

Wednesday, June 1st 2011, 11:40pm

The Fanrank is a good idea, it's just poorly executed

Posting bullcr4p so you can believe that you're the biggest fan? Just 'cause a few kilobytes of computer code said so? No, it's not a good idea!
Let the fan community (or the band themselves!) decide, who's the biggest fan, not a stupid Facebook app.

What I mean is that it's a good idea in the meaning of giving fans the chance to meet the band.
Of course it's a negative thing that people can post bullshlt endlessly, but the system/idea is executed in a bad way, maybe because it's a beta version.

It needs more development to work properly, that's what I mean.

Sandra

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 12:41am

seems Scooter fans are gimps, retards, trolls and bitches (according to #1) and another weakness of the app that should be investigated is that it appears that you can post whatever you like, then delete it and keep your points - I'm afraid one guy is making a total mockery of this, which I guess is why so few fans are bothering any longer - I'm number 9 and only made a few posts to try certain "features"
20 Years of hardcore!

Maddy

Unregistered

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 12:52am

Oh nice, Phil, you're pointing me in your post !!!! You could have the balls to mention my name so at least that would be clear ....

I'm ..... NO COMMENT ! X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Sandra

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 12:55am

Be interesting to see what he says to us if we meet - or if he is only happy to say it on the internet
20 Years of hardcore!

Maddy

Unregistered

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 1:03am

Come on, Phil and meet the "fat b*tch", "troll", "gimp", "retard", "infamous" Maddy at the Inferno ! I'm sure you have lots of things to tell me :-)
I know how you look like.

Sandra

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 1:08am

Maddy, he was refering to more people than just you - anyone who critises his early posts insulting the band, in fact any body who doesn't like the way he has behaved since this started - insults to band, fans, deleting posts.
There was one comment in particualr he made about a fan that was inexcusable - and he used her name in it X( :cursing:
20 Years of hardcore!

Maddy

Unregistered

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 1:27am

Maddy, he was refering to more people than just you - anyone who critises his early posts insulting the band, in fact any body who doesn't like the way he has behaved since this started - insults to band, fans, deleting posts.
There was one comment in particualr he made about a fan that was inexcusable - and he used her name in it X( :cursing:

I can guess which fan it is ....

Traxx

- brain not found -

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 1:45am

Charlie Sheen :whistling:

Sandra

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 10:54pm

Charlie Sheen :whistling:

Hmmmm....hiding behind, :P
you know the sad thing is he really thinks he is something special, I just find that so amusing, and kind of sad in a grown man, thank goodness my sons grew out of that sort of behaviour when they were about 10, and I think most people only say things like "xxxxx smells of poo" in their primary school years - if wasn't for the total farce of possibly rewarding someone for behaving in an insulting, childish way it would just be too pathetic to acknowledge,would actually be interesting to meet someone like this though, never come across someone who says that sort of things once their age is into double figures. Guess one good thing if he does win VIP is that he will probably in the seating area well away from me, I feel angry and offended by him, but mostly I feel pity
20 Years of hardcore!

Traxx

- brain not found -

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 11:15pm

There's nothing more to say... :P

Sandra

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 11:20pm

There's nothing more to say... :P

Lyrics of a Scooter track :)
20 Years of hardcore!