You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

peter scotland

Professional

Friday, August 12th 2011, 12:40pm

i prefer BACK TO THE ROOTS !! ;) 8)

because THE BIG MASH UP :| mix ?? no top

Friday, August 12th 2011, 4:05pm

An interesting -- and horrifying -- idea... I voted "5. I don't like this thought at all....." because I wouldn't outrule their getting such a mad idea and acting on it. But I definitely don't want it to happen. It would be the beginning of their end if they couldn't come up with new songs anymore and had to resort to that. I'd find it extremely cheap, even if I liked the result (as I really liked the medley at TSTI). It's something that I'd accept on a single as a bonus track, or in a concert, but not on a new album that's supposed to be a new album, taking a new track's place. (That's also why I'm really opposing the idea of Friends Turbo ending up on the album.)

The Big Mashup is without doubt the worst Scooter album title so far.
I'm thinking so too. At first I wasn't as opposed to it as I'm now but it has actually grown worse with time. It sounds just plainly bad, in my ears it sounds comparable to something like "Super Summer Hits Vol. 5". They can and should (although they probably won't, as has been mentioned) come up with something better. The name has zero appeal, and it makes it sound as if the album is a remix album.

Scooterworld

a.k.a. Edgar ------------ "When I say E, you say Z"

• "Scooterworld" started this thread

Friday, August 12th 2011, 4:23pm

The Big Mashup is without doubt the worst Scooter album title so far.
I'm thinking so too. At first I wasn't as opposed to it as I'm now but it has actually grown worse with time. It sounds just plainly bad, in my ears it sounds comparable to something like "Super Summer Hits Vol. 5". They can and should (although they probably won't, as has been mentioned) come up with something better. The name has zero appeal, and it makes it sound as if the album is a remix album.

In a way Scooter are big mash up artists when you look at the music Scooter make, so this title has some power in it. A bit like if Scooter are saying "F*ck off, we will do like we want to and that's making mash up tracks. We are not afraid to admit it". But on the other side it indeed sounds a bit like some title to a CD compilation with the subject 'mash up' tracks, I have to agree on that. But I view it as the statement that Scooter want to make, and that gives it for me much power ;) So it depends how you view the title, if it's the first view the title is again a sort of message, just as the title "Who's Got The Last Laugh Now?" was. ....... but the title brings many questions -> Is it a mash up of styles, will it be only mash up tracks, or is the title just a message and has not really anything to do with the album sound, atleast not literally ?
H.P.'s "The Voice" - "The Myth" > He stands out all above the rest, blonder than the best! :D