Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: SCOOTERTECHNO.COM. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

pjad_uk

Meister

Beruf: Student @ The University of Bristol, UK

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 00:47

Zitat von »"scooterusa"«

hyper hyper is awful. i like everything after ATBGO

I agree, Hyper Hyper isn't really a particularly good track. Hyper Hyper 2004 was better. But ...ATBGO is, on the whole, a very good album. Cosmos, Rhapsody In E, Waiting For Spring - some classic Scooter tracks on there.

I think in terms of what i want Scooter to represent as a band - i.e. top quality original music, music that is a pure expression of the band as music makers and not as money makers - the first 3 albums are "the best". Admittedly, however, the first few albums do lack the professional edge in production and use of technology.

If only Scooter could marry that "professional", cutting-edge sound that comes with experience and improved technology with the free spirited originality and expressionism that oozes out of ...ATBGO, OHH and Wicked!
"In the pressure of the situation, I won't let my tongue get tied
A silent voice in the congregation, I refuse to live a lie"
Angelic - Can't Keep Me Silent

pjad_uk

Meister

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 01:08

Oh, and another thing i've just thought ...

Does anyone remember when, according to Scooter's "history books", Scooter were on a low ebb following the "flops" that were I'm Your Pusher, She's The Sun and Sheffield? How Scooter supposedly locked themselves away in the studio and slaved over the next album, putting there all into it? What resulted? Posse - a single seen by many of the fans as Scooter's "defining" single release. We Bring The Noise - an album widley regarded as one of Scooter's best. And a period of unprecedented success in the band history which sustained itself until around the release of Weekend and TSTE.

I believe Scooter have hit a similarly low ebb (both creatively and in terms of commercial success < not that i'm overly concerned about Scooter's commercial success) with WGTLLN and Apache Rocks The Bottom. And a similar amount of hard graft (if not more) and creative self-discovery is needed to reinvent this band. This band are at a serious crossroads, in my opinion. Not just commercially, but creatively.
&quot;In the pressure of the situation, I won't let my tongue get tied
A silent voice in the congregation, I refuse to live a lie&quot;

Anonymous

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 01:17

id have to agree. good words pjad

id like to make a list of things scooter have done right since TSTE when they were at the heigth of their popularity:

Uhn Tiss Remix
One always hardcore
Trance Atlantic
See Me Feel Me
Hello
Mesmerized
Jigga Jigga
THe Chaser

Other than that, ripoffs abound, and even at that not spectacular albums like wicked or We Bring the Noise. TSTE rocked compared. Its not a 3rd chapter thing. Axel makes shit now too. Its about scooter being lazy, which has nothing to do with frog.

Anonymous

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 07:35

Zitat von »"scooterusa"«

Its about scooter being lazy, which has nothing to do with frog.

yes it's not because jay frog it's because the whole band got boring&shiftless with jay frog. They simply lost their energetic band spirit they've got at first and second chapter.

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 09:43

Zitat von »"pjad_uk"«

I believe Scooter have hit a similarly low ebb (both creatively and in terms of commercial success < not that i'm overly concerned about Scooter's commercial success) with WGTLLN and Apache Rocks The Bottom. And a similar amount of hard graft (if not more) and creative self-discovery is needed to reinvent this band. This band are at a serious crossroads, in my opinion. Not just commercially, but creatively.

Maybe, but this period lasts for some time and many fans have already left Scooter.I doubt that we'll get another big surprise like Posse that will convince fans that Scooter are still alive.(although Posse isn't among my favourites)

Zitat von »"scooterusa"«

Its not a 3rd chapter thing. Axel makes S##t now too. Its about scooter being lazy, which has nothing to do with frog.

Well, it is a 3rd chapter thing, both Rick and H.P. do not seem interested in their own creativity and Jay probably doesn't even want to stimulate them.But you're right, Axel also makes big shit now.

Sometimes I wander about Rick's talent...is he really talented or he had just few ideas that he and Ferris realized in first few albums and then he started simply covering/ripping to save time and earn the same.Some people say he's very talented but sometimes it seems to me that he's soooo fucking lazy that he's almost not able to produce one own unique track but just collects parts, puts it into device and the song is made.

Anonymous

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 10:35

Zitat von »"Butcher"«

Sometimes I wander about Rick's talent...is he really talented or he had just few ideas that he and Ferris realized in first few albums and then he started simply covering/ripping to save time and earn the same.Some people say he's very talented but sometimes it seems to me that he's soooo f##k lazy that he's almost not able to produce one own unique track but just collects parts, puts it into device and the song is made.

maybe Rick is out of ideas or just lazy. i personally think that he doesn't harmonize so good at musical co-operation with jay like he did with ferris&axel. jay likes this house/electronical sound or long minimal/monotone trance mixes but that doesn't really fit to Scooter powersound and Rick's style. best example for their new creative lazyness at studio is that they also created ratty side-project beside all Scooter productions in past. and now? ratty is dead... no side-project... just scooter collector releases with same template strategy, but nothing else happens anymore at studio. it's obviously that they don't spend so much time on song ideas and studio work anymore like in past.

pjad_uk

Meister

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 11:07

Zitat von »"scooterusa"«

Other than that, ripoffs abound, and even at that not spectacular albums like wicked or We Bring the Noise.

I personally think Wicked and We Bring The Noise both have more "integrity" as albums. TSTE is a pretty solid album but it's full of covers and ripping, and even when it was released i said it sounded rushed.

Zitat von »"scooterusa"«

Its about scooter being lazy, which has nothing to do with frog.

I seriously doubt this is down to Jay Frog. But equally i don't necessarily think it's laziness. I personally think it's down to bad habits and an overly commercial mindset.

Zitat von »"Butcher"«

Maybe, but this period lasts for some time and many fans have already left Scooter.I doubt that we'll get another big surprise like Posse that will convince fans that Scooter are still alive.(although Posse isn't among my favourites)

Well, that's what it's going to take, in my honest opinion. We need some pleasant surprises.

Zitat von »"wholaughsnow"«

it's obviously that they don't spend so much time on song ideas and studio work anymore like in past.

That i would totally agree with.

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 12:34

Zitat von »"pjad_uk"«

I seriously doubt this is down to Jay Frog. But equally i don't necessarily think it's laziness. I personally think it's down to bad habits and an overly commercial mindset.

Well just listen to Jay's new set. It has some stupid electro-techno-house rubbish in those. And I'm not talking about Kontor's radioshow. I'm talking about sets that he really makes. And he wants to bring that shit also to Scooter. And really, no-one likes that electrotech rubbish. Unless if there is magical word "Scooter" in the record.

Zitat

Well, that's what it's going to take, in my honest opinion. We need some pleasant surprises.

Absolutely. No more that rubbish which have been under the name of Scooter recently.

Unfortunately I really think that it's all up to next single. It has to be good. It must be. Otherwise Scooter will be history. Situation already seems very bad. WGTLLN was a total flop and now very big part of fans have started to critizise Scooter.

Zitat

Zitat von »"wholaughsnow"«

it's obviously that they don't spend so much time on song ideas and studio work anymore like in past.

That i would totally agree with.

I have thought the same. I have said this before but I really think that Scooter should spend more time in studio or take some kind of vacation.
Waiting for albums from Way Out West, Sasha, Second Sun, Airwave, BT, Quivver, Pendulum, Solarstone, Röyksopp and Massive Attack

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 12:40

Some people discuss here what Scooter should change and what they miss. But you know what is terrific for me? It's the fact that it's too late. I think it's over. The times when Scooter was a band connected with people (I hate to say "fans"... :P ) won't back. Remember the great come back in 2001 after not "scooterish" "Sheffield"? It were times when they were making music for people. Now they are making music for money. And I can't think in different way. Not after last 3 singles, not after last album. It's also impossible thing for me that they will be band like they used to be. From great band they became junk band for teen-ager's buying everything with Scooter logo.

Damn, I thought that it can't be better when "Jigga Jigga!" was released...
I must admit - I miss old times.

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 12:53

I agree with Scobom, I have the same feeling that things are over.I didn't have this feeling before although they went through a period of crisis, but now I guess there's no real hope that Scooter will be on Top again.

Collectors that buy everything where Scooter is written, will keep them alive for some time, perhaps new fans join, because music in 3rd chapter is so orientated, but final downfall has already started, it just depends how long will it last.

Dave From Sheffield

Volvo. A car you can believe in.

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 12:57

It is sad that some people here must see everything so negative. I have a very different opinion about the current line-up.
http://www.freewebs.com/scooterdave
-the only and official finnish Scooter fansite incl. the biggest Scooter-collection in Finland-

pjad_uk

Meister

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:14

Gone are the days where topics like this were just 2 people criticising Scooter vs. two people defending Scooter or something similar. Gone are the days when a small group of disenchanted fans would argue bitterly with the so-called "fanatical" majority.

Such topics today are a contant stream of general agreement that something is gravely wrong about Scooter and that something, what ever it is, needs to change. This minority of unhappy fans seems to be getting bigger with every topic that is opened....

Zitat von »"pjad_uk"«

the likes of myself, MC A.H, WTD, HR, Butcher and wholaughsnow

I think we can add ttk, scooterusa, Scobom X and DJTranceforce to that list now.

Sad, but true.

Anonymous

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:19

Zitat von »"Scobom X"«

Some people discuss here what Scooter should change and what they miss. But you know what is terrific for me? It's the fact that it's too late. I think it's over. The times when Scooter was a band connected with people (I hate to say "fans"... :P ) won't back. Remember the great come back in 2001 after not "scooterish" "Sheffield"? It were times when they were making music for people. Now they are making music for money. And I can't think in different way. Not after last 3 singles, not after last album. It's also impossible thing for me that they will be band like they used to be. From great band they became junk band for teen-ager's buying everything with Scooter logo.

Damn, I thought that it can't be better when "Jigga Jigga!" was released...
I must admit - I miss old times.

To be honest what keeps Scooter still alive are this kind of always buying collector fans or teenagers which only need scooter logo or shouting h.p. but not any creativity or musical development. If this fans wouldn't be still so massive at collecting Scooter cds they wouldn't have appreciable success anymore with that stuff they present today. I don't know how long they will still survive this way, but i can prognosticate that they will find the final end of Scooter with this formation.

You say it's over now, for me it was already over with original Scooter that moment H.P. says goodbye and H.P. Rick and Axel disappear in fog at end of Ramp clip. > A MIRACLE! OH IT WAS BEAUTIFUL, MAGICAL! the right lyrics for goodbye (in memory of Scooter 1994-2001)

Dave From Sheffield

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:22

Well why be here then? If it's over for you, go away!

Some people...oh dear... :roll:

And again: What is wrong with collecting? At least to me it's a hobby. So... What?
-the only and official finnish Scooter fansite incl. the biggest Scooter-collection in Finland-

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:28

Zitat von »"Dave From Sheffield"«

And again: What is wrong with collecting? At least to me it's a hobby. So... What?

So you want that here is 10 active members?

And nothing said hat collecting itself is wrong. But then it gets wrong if you doesn't care how it sounds.
Waiting for albums from Way Out West, Sasha, Second Sun, Airwave, BT, Quivver, Pendulum, Solarstone, Röyksopp and Massive Attack

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:29

Or perhaps it's because the ones that like the current music are too tired of those who do nothing but b1tch all the time. :lol: As in my case, I sometimes just don't bother replying (as I haven't done in this topic for a while).
However, it may be true that more people are getting unhappy, but that may be just because certain people do everything to sow unhappiness.

No, I don't believe things are that bad, I don't believe Scooter is going downhill or whatever you say. I'm sure there'll be great surprises from this band, and I don't think that it's all over if the next single doesn't chop the charts. What are you going to do if it doesn't? Stop being Scooter 'fans'? Naturally it's cool if they top the charts, but that doesn't matter to me. It seems that some people can't listen to music that doesn't top the charts (and yet they claim something else). :lol:

Zitat

To be honest what keeps Scooter still alive are this kind of always buying collector fans or teenagers which only need scooter logo or shouting h.p. but not any creativity or musical development.

:lol: Like how many insane collector fans there are? Something like 10. That definitely doesn't produce that much money. The rest are just ordinary people that like Scooter because they actually like the music unlike you (I guess). I don't honestly believe that it's that "popular" or whatever among teenagers to run around wearing Scooter t-shirts and yelling "H.P.!" or "YEAH!" or "POSSEEE!!".

pjad_uk

Meister

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:32

Zitat von »"acid_bomb"«

However, it may be true that more people are getting unhappy, but that may be just because certain people do everything to sow unhappiness.

The number of unhappy fans is far greater than at any point in Scooter's career. How do you explain that? Just a coincidence?

Dave From Sheffield

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:37

Zitat von »"MC A.H"«

And nothing said hat collecting itself is wrong. But then it gets wrong if you doesn't care how it sounds.

I will have 10 real fans then 100 non-fans anytime. :wink:

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:41

Zitat

Or perhaps it's because the ones that like the current music are too tired of those who do nothing but b1tch all the time. :lol: As in my case, I sometimes just don't bother replying (as I haven't done in this topic for a while).

So why don't they ever post anything?

Zitat

May be? Let's see. I didn't believe before WGTLLN that members like ScobomX, Butcher or scooterusa would say a bad thing about Scooter. Face it. There are more and more fans who agrees with me. Scooter isn't anymore as good as it used to.

Zitat

No, I don't believe things are that bad, I don't believe Scooter is going downhill or whatever you say. I'm sure there'll be great surprises from this band, and I don't think that it's all over if the next single doesn't chop the charts. What are you going to do if it doesn't? Stop being Scooter 'fans'? Naturally it's cool if they top the charts, but that doesn't matter to me. It seems that some people can't listen to music that doesn't top the charts (and yet they claim something else). :lol:

Haha. No-one ever cares about chartpositions itself. It's the music that matters. And that is what has become boring...and predictable. But there's one problem with chartspositions for Scooter. Scooter is commercial band. Success means everything to them. Or then they should try to make more uncommercial music and show that they don't care about charts. And what becomes to a fan... I count myself as a fan of stuff before Shake That.

Zitat

:lol: Like how many insane collector fans there are? Something like 10. That definitely doesn't produce that much money. The rest are just ordinary people that like Scooter because they actually like the music unlike you (I guess). I don't honestly believe that it's that "popular" or whatever among teenagers to run around wearing Scooter t-shirts and yelling "H.P.!" or "YEAH!" or "POSSEEE!!".

You know there are lot more people collecting everything from Scooter than these members from the forum. But I really think that most of the albums are sold to teenagers because it's so "great music to dance to". Of couurse you can't see those teenagers anymore. That's why they doesn't climb to the charts. It's a shame that situation is like this. Before Scooter wasn't just thing for teenagers.

By the way teenagers doesn't know about better music...

Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006, 13:46

Zitat von »"MC A.H"«

I will have 10 real fans then 100 non-fans anytime. :wink:

Oh do you mean 100 fans who doesn't like everything okay then.

By the way imagine this scenario. Everyone here likes everything Scooter makes. Would you like topics like this:

"I like this new track. It's wicked!"
"I like it too"
"Yeah it's crazy"
"Scooter did it again"
"I like it"

And all topics looks like that.

Wouldn't it suddenly become bit boring?